Cheap flights to St Peter Port, Guernsey
Located on the Channel Island of Guernsey, St. Peter Port combines the best of French and English culture into an alluring seaside spirit found nowhere else in the world. The city is threaded by twisting cobbled stone streets, with cafes and restaurants spilling out of white-washed buildings as they roll down to the sea. The shorefront is dominated by the tidy Victoria Marina and the city’s natural harbour, while the promenade itself is lined with eateries, shops and accommodations. The warmer months see the city draped in reams of blossoming flowers, with telephone wires splendidly bedecked in the colourful ripple of festival bunting.
The city’s age is another reason to visit, with St. Peter Port tracing its origins back to the Neolithic. Both the Vikings and the Normans made their mark on the city, with all the various cultures influencing the unique character of the St. Peter Port we know today.
Best Time to Fly to St Peter Port
St. Peter Port is worth a visit throughout the year, but it is between the months of May and August that the place comes to life. One of the city's biggest events is the Rocquaine Regatta, held in late July. Lasting an entire day, the free event includes all manner of entertainment, activities and games, both on land as well as in the sea. Entry to Fort Grey Maritime Museum is also free on the day of the Regatta. Visitors arriving in August should make a beeline for the Fete D’Etai when the city salutes its Norman past as the castle is overtaken by actors recreating a world of knights, musicians, and peasants. Plus, if you dress up in medieval attire, the entrance is free. August also sees the popular annual donkey derby and fair, while farmer’s markets are held throughout the year.
Getting around St Peter Port
Due to its intimate size and wealth of attractions packed into a small space, St. Peter Port is best navigated on foot. Additionally, due to the city’s age, St. Peter Port is characterised by narrow, meandering streets that are tricky to negotiate by car unless familiar with their layout. Bus services operate across the city, with both single and return fares available for purchase. Two day passes are also offered, as are weekly ones should you wish to stay in St. Peter Port a bit longer.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to St Peter Port
Interesting information about St Peter Port
More useful information about St Peter Port
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.
Other user searches
- Albuquerque from Panama City
- Flights to Casablanca
- Detroit to Costa Rica
- Peoria to Anaheim flights
- Cheap flights to Vancouver
- Flights to Rome from Boston
- Flights to Maseru from Shenandoah Valley Regional
- Cheap flights to Charleston International from Lake Havasu City
- Flights Tucson International to Salina
- Flights to Odessa from Bellingham