Cheap flights to Tirana, Albania
Since the fall of communism, Albania has seen a dramatic rebirth that promises a prosperous future. The country's capital city, Tirana is still, as yet, undiscovered by most tourists, but at its heart is a wealth of cultural and historic treasures. Tirana is a city where ancient meets modern, with architecture that dates back to the Roman period. Spend some time walking around the downtown area and you can easily find some of the city's most fascinating buildings. Travelers with a curiosity for historic monuments will enjoy a visit to the Clock Tower in Skanderbeg Square, situated in the center of the city. Alternatively, you can visit the astonishingly beautiful Et'hem Bey Mosque to see its wonderful decorations. The National Historic Museum is a fantastic way to find out about Tirana's history and see some of its most important artifacts up close. If you want to explore further afield, then a trip up nearby Mount Dajti by cable car offers incredible panoramic views of the city.
Best Time to Fly to Tirana
From June to August the temperature in Albania soars, with very little rainfall. If you want to visit Tirana in the heat of the summer, then this is the best time to go. Albania's climate follows that of the Mediterranean, so you will be able to enjoy glorious days of sunshine during this period.
If you want to avoid the busiest and most expensive months of the tourist season, it is best to avoid the hottest period between July and August. From April to June, the Albanian climate is somewhat cooler than the following months, but is still pleasant enough to enjoy the local attractions. Alternatively, trips to Tirana in September are usually less crowded, whilst flights and accommodations are considerably cheaper than the peak season, making this an excellent time to visit the city.
Getting around Tirana
If you have plenty of time on your hands, then the city's public transportation is the cheapest way to get around the city. Buses travel around the center and also serve local suburbs. Taxis are also available, but they will often charge without using a taximeter, so you may need to negotiate and agree the price before the start of your journey. Driving your own car within the city can be challenging and hazardous, due to poor road conditions and aggressive drivers. If you want to explore the city at your own pace, you may find that walking is a better option.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Tirana
USA departure airports for flights to Tirana
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Tirana
- New York (NYC)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Boston (BOS)
- Jacksonville (JAX)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Miami (MIA)
- Newark (EWR)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Washington (WAS)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- St Louis (STL)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Omaha (OMA)
- Houston (IAH)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Cincinnati (CVG)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Denver (DEN)
- Dayton (DAY)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Rochester (ROC)
- El Paso (ELP)
- Boise (BOI)
- Orlando (MCO)
Useful information about Tirana
More useful information about Tirana
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.