Cheap flights to Albania
When is the best time to fly to Albania?
Although it may be a little rough around the edges, budget travellers who book cheap flights to Albania will discover it is much less expensive than other European destinations such as Greece and Italy. The capital Tirana, where flights land, is a good place to start with its Ottoman ruins, museums, cafe culture and bustling nightlife. But venture beyond the city and you’ll discover a wealth of untouched natural beauty with UNESCO World Heritage National Parks, snowy mountains and glistening lakes. The pristine Adriatic coastline, known as the Albanian Riviera, is dotted with small beach towns where you can find decent accommodation for a song. Albania is relatively untouched by mass tourism since it was ruled by communism for the most part of the 20th century. Some consider it Europe’s best kept secret but with tourist numbers on the rise each summer, the peak season for Brits searching for cheap flights to Albania, it would pay to get in quick.
Winter (December to February) in Albania is mostly cold and wet with most of the year’s rainfall occurring during these months. Snow is common in the mountains. Flights to Albania and accommodation are dirt cheap in winter but, as many hotels close down, finding one to stay in may be more difficult.
When is the best time to book a flight to Albania?
You’re best off booking flights to Albania in the warmer months, when the days are longer and the temperatures are warmer. The country is at its scenic best in spring and summer and unlike Greece and Italy, it’s not overwhelmed by tourists in peak season (yet). Temperatures hover around 25C in July and August, making it a wonderful European summer destination where you can actually find room on a beach.
How long is the flight to Albania?
Which airlines operate flights to Albania?
British Airways offer direct flights to Albania from London Gatwick four times a week. You can also catch connecting flights from here with airlines such as: Lufthansa (via Frankfurt), Alitalia (via Rome) or Austrian Airlines (via Vienna). Connecting flights to Albania, via various European stopovers, are also operated by many airlines from most major cities in UK.
How to get from the airport to the city centre?
Flights to Albania land at Tirana International Airport (TIA) (also known as the Mother Teresa airport) in the country’s capital. Upon exiting the airport you’ll find taxis lined up outside and just a few metres further, a bus stop for the local bus. This leaves for Tirana city centre on the hour and takes around 30 minutes. The fare is approx. 250 lek (about £1.50).
Albania insider information
- Albania is home to stunning golden beaches and mountainous backdrops which will please both backpackers and holiday-makers.
- Tour Albania's natural attractions and go rafting on the Osumi River, view the waterfalls and explore the canyon!
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Albania
USA departure airports for flights to Albania
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Albania
Select your preferred destination from the list below
More useful information about Albania
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.
Other user searches
- Cheap flights to Milan from Boston
- Flights to Montego Bay from Kansas City
- Bellingham to Las Vegas
- Paris from New York flights
- New York to Tampa
- Flights to Hokitika from Fayetteville Rgnl/Grannis Field
- Philippines airport
- Flights to Chattanooga
- New York to Santa Fe cheap flights
- Southwest Airlines flights