Cheap flights to Cyprus
Cyprus is the third largest island in the Mediterranean, but its people are divided. The invisible “Green Line” border still remains in Cyprus signifying a portion of the country’s Turkish rule, but over time that line has become more blurred. But, don’t let a cheap flight to Cyprus fool you – the country is as rich in culture as it is in appeal. Still, despite its divide with Turkey, travelers booking flights to Cyprus have the opportunity to explore ancient monuments, medieval castles and archaeological sites, or take a breather on some of the best beaches in the world.
When your flight to Cyprus arrives, you’ll see that Greek influence is prevalent. After all, it is the birthplace of Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love and beauty. Greek temples remain intact and many of Cyprus’s residents have adapted the Greek culture, which is evident in their artwork. The majority of the people follow the Christian Orthodox religion and the first language in Cyprus is Greek, but that doesn’t mean tourists booking flights to Cyprus can’t find their way around this captivating island. English is widely spoken but if you want to impress, practice your Greek on your flight to Cyprus and attempt to impress the locals.
Heaven abounds on this idyllic country. Book a cheap flight to Cyprus and make like Aphrodite – find love and explore beauty along the breathtaking backdrop of this
Cyprus has lots of sunshine and lovely sea breezes. The winters are hot and the summers mild. Good weather lasts all year round.
Best Time to Fly to Cyprus
July and August are the hottest and driest months on Cyprus, making all signs point to the outdoors, so keep sunglasses handy when you de-board your cheap flight to Cyprus. The long summers and temperatures in the high 80's yield clear skies and the perfect environment for sightseeing. .
Don't let the rain and snow on the Toodros Mountains hinder you from booking Cyprus flights. Although the winter months of December and January can be a little wet, the cool season is merely a mild one distinguished by pleasant temperatures in the 50's.
Getting around Cyprus
The following chart gives approximate journey times fromNicosia
(in hours and minutes) to other major cities and towns in Cyprus.
Cyprus Travel Information
- Pack your dancing shoes before you board your Cyprus flight. A plethora of clubs, cinemas, theaters, and bars take your Cyprus travel up a notch at night. Especially in Ayia Napa, nightlife is celebrated through a concentrated section of parties and discos that run all night. Andrea: I would refrain from mentioning specific bars/restaurants/shops by name, simply because you never know when they will change.
- Larnaca, the site largest port in Cyprus and the site of the main international airport, is a bustling town and a busy resort area. From Larnaca, it's easy for vacationers to reach Nicosia, Limassol and Paphos (all are within two hours' drive).
- Paphos was the island's capital in Roman times and mosaics and artifacts can still be found around the area. The main draw of this region is the beaches, hillside villages, catacombs, and the Baths of Aphrodite. Coral Bay ranks as one of the best beaches in Cyprus, so make sure to visit the beach before you leave.
- While the aroma of olive oil and rosemary entices the soul, there's much more to experience than just Greek cuisine. If you're in the mood to round out your culinary quest with other traditions, you're in luck: Cyprus is known for a collision of culture. Chinese, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Lebanese, and Mexican are just a few examples of accessible worldly fare. While the meals on your cheap flight to Cyprus may be edible, they'll be quickly forgotten among an array of decadent choices.
- Lefkosia: The walls of the world's only standing divided capital have been broken down, but the duality of this matchless locale still remains. See the beauty of both natural art like the Adia Marina, or the simple splendor of wild goats in a pasture, or human made historical art like that of the Kykkos Monastery and its mosaics. For a more structured artistic experience, round out your travel to Cyprus with visits to the Byzantine Art Museum and the Cyprus Museum before boarding your Cyprus flight home.
- Cyprus Beaches: Booking your flight to Cyprus in the summertime ? Sleep in sunlight on the island's nearby beaches - just footsteps away. The Arsinoe Beach Village rents villas right on the sand for your family, and with the Akamas National Park as a backdrop, there's no short-changing the aesthetics.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Cyprus
USA departure airports for flights to Cyprus
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Cyprus
- New York (NYC)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Newark (EWR)
- Houston (IAH)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Boston (BOS)
- Miami (MIA)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Denver (DEN)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- St Louis (STL)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Richmond (RIC)
- Portland (PDX)
- Birmingham (BHM)
Select your preferred destination from the list below
More useful information about Cyprus
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.