Flights from Los Angeles (LAX) to Atlanta (ATL)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from Los Angeles to Atlanta across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
Travel information for Los Angeles to Atlanta
How much do things cost in Atlanta and Los Angeles?
Additional useful information for Atlanta
Atlanta is a city that's rich in culture and history, and offers some of the most beautiful natural scenery in the country. Whether you're visiting Atlanta for business or taking a holiday vacation, there's plenty to do and see, and the local residents are friendly and welcoming. Known for having some of the most decadent and delicious food in the world, you can't visit Atlanta without sampling some local BBQ, lobster or oysters, and a visit to the Coca-Cola bottling plant is definitely worth your while. Atlanta experiences the four seasons, so any time of the year is the right time to visit, as you'll be surrounded by lush greenery, autumn leaves, and the warm breezes of summertime.
How long is the flight from Los Angeles to Atlanta?
On average, it takes approximately four hours to fly from Los Angeles to Atlanta. Flight times may vary slightly depending on weather conditions.
Which airlines operate flights from Los Angeles to Atlanta?
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) serves a wide variety of airlines that fly into Atlanta-Hartsfield International Airport (ATL). Airlines offering flights to Atlanta include Frontier Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Southwest Airlines, American Airlines, and Delta Airlines.
How frequent are flights between Los Angeles to Atlanta?
Los Angeles International Airport serves multiple airlines that offer up to 25 outbound flights to Atlanta per day. Flight frequencies can vary during holidays and on weekends, and cancellations may occur when weather conditions or unexpected delays require that flights remain grounded.
Which airports serve Los Angeles and Atlanta?
Los Angeles International Airport serves all flights departing from Los Angeles and flying into Atlanta, at Atlanta-Hartsfield International Airport.
Which direct flight route between Los Angeles and Atlanta is cheapest?
Frontier Airlines direct flights from Los Angeles to Atlanta is currently the cheapest route, followed by Spirit Airlines direct flights. Delta Airlines direct flights from LAX to ATL is the third most affordable flight.
Atlanta and Los Angeles are both bustling cities with exciting nightlife, historic architecture and an abundance of attractions that keep visitors busy and entertained. While Atlanta is a large, populated city, the overall atmosphere is slightly more laid back than the big city vibe of Los Angeles, which makes it the perfect spot for a holiday getaway. When you're in Atlanta, a couple must-see attractions include the Jackson Street Bridge, where you can get a bird's eye view of the city from the observation towers, and Tulie Smith Farm, where visitors tour historical buildings and learn about the Civil War. You'll also want to be sure to check out the Fountain of Rings, a gorgeous fountain in the center of Centennial Park, which was also home to the 1996 Olympics.
Flying to Atlanta from sunny Los Angeles takes just a mere four hours, and Cheapflights can make your journey even easier by helping you find the best deals on tickets any day of the year. Whether you need a last-minute ticket for a business meeting or an impromptu weekend with friends, or you're planning an extended family vacation, booking your flight is easy and convenient.
Other user searches
Facts and figures about flying from Los Angeles to Atlanta
- On average all flights between Los Angeles and Atlanta offer a total of 2977 seats per day
- The smallest aircraft for flights between Los Angeles and Atlanta is a Boeing 737-700
- The Boeing 777-200LR is the largest aircraft operating flights between Los Angeles and Atlanta
- When flying from Los Angeles to Atlanta, Phoenix Sky Harbor International is the most common place passengers connect in
- Every week Delta Air Lines, Inc. has 279 flights from Los Angeles to Atlanta
- The majority of flights between Los Angeles and Atlanta are completed by a Boeing 757 Mixed
- Flights from Los Angeles to Atlanta are delayed 7.1 percent of the time
- Flights between Los Angeles and Atlanta are rarely subject to diversions
- Between Los Angeles and Atlanta, flights are not likely to be cancelled
Popular routes to Atlanta
Popular routes from Los Angeles
- Cheap Los Angeles to New York flights
- Flights to Las Vegas from Los Angeles
- Honolulu from Los Angeles
- Cheap flights to Chicago from Los Angeles
- Los Angeles to Miami flights
- Flights from Los Angeles to Seattle
- Flights from Los Angeles to Houston
- Los Angeles to Orlando
- Flights to Dallas from Los Angeles