Flights from Tampa (TPA) to New York (NYC)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from Tampa to New York across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
Travel information for Tampa to New York
How much do things cost in New York and Tampa?
Additional useful information for New York
It's no wonder that millions of people from all over the world visit the Big Apple every year. After all, it's the world's capital, not to mention the greatest city in the world. Go ice skating at Rockefeller Center during the holiday season or rent a boat in Central Park during summer. It's a city ideal for casual exploring, with ample transportation options, restaurants featuring cuisine from every part of the globe and attractions everyone should see, such as Broadway, Times Square, the Statue of Liberty and the spectacular view of the city from atop the Empire State Building.
How long is the flight from Tampa to New York City?
The gate-to-gate flight time from Tampa International Airport to New York City runs from about two hours and forty minutes to about three hours, depending on the airline and to which airport you fly.
Which airlines operate flights from Tampa to New York City?
United flies non-stop from Tampa International Airport (TPA) to Newark Liberty International (EWR), while jetBlue flies direct from TPA to both EWR and John F. Kennedy International (JFK.) Delta offers flights from TPA to both JFK and LaGuardia Airports (LGA.) These airlines, as well as American and Spirit, also fly between the two cities with one or more stops in between.
How frequent are flights between Tampa and New York City?
On a typical day, direct flights depart at least hourly, beginning around 6 a.m. and with the last flight around 7 p.m. You'll have the most options if you don't mind a longer flight that has one or more stops.
Which airports serve Tampa and New York City?
The Big Apple is served by Newark Liberty International (EWR), John F. Kennedy International (JFK) and LaGuardia airports (LGA), while Tampa International Airport serves Tampa Bay. St. Pete–Clearwater International Airport (PIE) also serves the Tampa area, but without any direct flights from PIE to New York City.
Which direct flight route between Tampa and New York City is cheapest?
The cheapest route between Tampa International Airport and NYC is often a toss up, with flights to Newark or JFK being close or the same in price.
The Tampa, Florida area is considerably warmer, more humid and less expensive than New York City, so pack a heavy coat for possible cold and snowy weather if you're visiting the Big Apple during winter, and pad your wallet too. That said, it's a terrific city to visit during the holiday season, with the holiday spirit on full display across the city and throngs of residents and tourists alike adding to the spirit. Despite heavier crowds any time of year, New York City is terrific for just getting out and exploring on foot and you'll rarely even work up a sweat.
Save money for your trip to New York City when you let Cheapflights show you the best deals from around the web. For the cheapest possible flight, leave your travel dates flexible.
Other user searches
- San Francisco to Virgin Islands, U.S. flights
- Philadelphia to Savannah/Hilton Head International flights
- Flights to Incheon from Los Angeles
- Omaha to Los Angeles
- Cheap flights to Albania
- Flights to Mumbai
- Boise to Las Vegas
- Houston to Florida
- South America cheapest flight
- San Diego to Ninoy Aquino International
Facts and figures about flying from Tampa to New York
- Flights from Tampa to New York are typically delayed by 57 mins
- Between Tampa and New York United Air Lines Inc. operates 165 flights per week
- Flights from Tampa to New York offer an Airbus A319 as the smallest available aircraft
- When traveling between Tampa and New York, the most commonly used aircraft is a Boeing 737-900
- On average all flights between Tampa and New York offer a total of 1174 seats per day
- The Boeing 757 Mixed is the largest aircraft operating flights between Tampa and New York
- Charlotte/Douglas International is the most commonly used connection for flights between Tampa and New York
- Diversions are not a regular occurrence on flights between Tampa and New York
- For flights between Tampa and New York, the typical cancellation rate is 0.5 percent