Flights from Tampa (TPA) to New York (NYC)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from Tampa to New York across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
We've found some great deals to other destinations in New York State As you had searched for New York, we thought you might be interested in these other destinations...
Travel information for Tampa to New York
- Distance between Tampa and St Petersburg (PIE): 12.7 miles
- Distance between Tampa and Sarasota (SRQ): 38.9 miles
- Distance between Tampa and Orlando (MCO): 77.8 miles
How much do things cost in New York and Tampa?
Additional useful information for New York
It's no wonder that millions of people from all over the world visit the Big Apple every year. After all, it's the world's capital, not to mention the greatest city in the world. Go ice skating at Rockefeller Center during the holiday season or rent a boat in Central Park during summer. It's a city ideal for casual exploring, with ample transportation options, restaurants featuring cuisine from every part of the globe and attractions everyone should see, such as Broadway, Times Square, the Statue of Liberty and the spectacular view of the city from atop the Empire State Building.
How long is the flight from Tampa to New York City?
The gate-to-gate flight time from Tampa International Airport to New York City runs from about two hours and forty minutes to about three hours, depending on the airline and to which airport you fly.
Which airlines operate flights from Tampa to New York City?
United flies non-stop from Tampa International Airport (TPA) to Newark Liberty International (EWR), while jetBlue flies direct from TPA to both EWR and John F. Kennedy International (JFK.) Delta offers flights from TPA to both JFK and LaGuardia Airports (LGA.) These airlines, as well as American and Spirit, also fly between the two cities with one or more stops in between.
How frequent are flights between Tampa and New York City?
On a typical day, direct flights depart at least hourly, beginning around 6 a.m. and with the last flight around 7 p.m. You'll have the most options if you don't mind a longer flight that has one or more stops.
Which airports serve Tampa and New York City?
The Big Apple is served by Newark Liberty International (EWR), John F. Kennedy International (JFK) and LaGuardia airports (LGA), while Tampa International Airport serves Tampa Bay. St. Pete–Clearwater International Airport (PIE) also serves the Tampa area, but without any direct flights from PIE to New York City.
Which direct flight route between Tampa and New York City is cheapest?
The cheapest route between Tampa International Airport and NYC is often a toss up, with flights to Newark or JFK being close or the same in price.
The Tampa, Florida area is considerably warmer, more humid and less expensive than New York City, so pack a heavy coat for possible cold and snowy weather if you're visiting the Big Apple during winter, and pad your wallet too. That said, it's a terrific city to visit during the holiday season, with the holiday spirit on full display across the city and throngs of residents and tourists alike adding to the spirit. Despite heavier crowds any time of year, New York City is terrific for just getting out and exploring on foot and you'll rarely even work up a sweat.
Save money for your trip to New York City when you let Cheapflights show you the best deals from around the web. For the cheapest possible flight, leave your travel dates flexible.
Other user searches
- San Francisco to Virgin Islands, U.S. flights
- Philadelphia to Savannah/Hilton Head International flights
- Flights to Incheon from Los Angeles
- Omaha to Los Angeles
- Cheap flights to Albania
- Flights to Mumbai
- Boise to Las Vegas
- Houston to Florida
- South America cheapest flight
- San Diego to Ninoy Aquino International
Facts and figures about flying from Tampa to New York
- The smallest aircraft for flights between Tampa and New York is an Airbus A319
- Passengers are most likely to connect via Charlotte/Douglas International, when flying between Tampa and New York
- Flights from Tampa to New York have 1174 passenger seats available each day
- The standard cancellation rate when flying from Tampa to New York is 0.5 percent
- Flights from Tampa to New York typically have a delay of 57 mins
- Flights from Tampa to New York offer a Boeing 757 Mixed as the largest available aircraft
- United Air Lines Inc. operates 165 flights per week between Tampa and New York
- Flights from Tampa to New York are not usually diverted
- From Tampa to New York, the most frequently used aircraft is a Boeing 737-900