Flights from New York (NYC) to Tampa (TPA)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from New York to Tampa across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
Travel information for New York to Tampa
How much do things cost in Tampa and New York?
Additional useful information for Tampa
Tampa welcomes travelers from the hustle and bustle of New York City with warm weather, sandy beaches and fun experiences for the whole family. Whether you're a theme park fan in town to visit Busch Gardens or a day spent cruising among the dolphins is more your style, this city on Florida's Gulf Coast offers everything from sporting events to fine dining to attract everyone from couples and families to larger groups. Nonstop flights from New York City to Tampa are available to whisk you from the daily grind to a fun adventure.
How long is the flight from New York City to Tampa?
Flights from New York City to Tampa take approximately three hours, give or take 15 minutes, depending upon which carrier and departure airport you choose.
Which airlines operate flights from New York City to Tampa?
You can find flights from New York City to Tampa on a multitude of carriers, including jetBlue, United, American, Spirit and Silver Airways. Find your favorite carrier for your flight on Cheapflights.
How frequent are flights between New York City and Tampa?
Flights between New York City and Tampa run fairly frequently with service beginning as early as 6 a.m. at some airports. These flights run throughout the day, with later flights landing at approximately midnight.
Which airports serve New York City to Tampa?
The city of New York City is served by three major airports. John F. Kennedy International Airport and LaGuardia Airport are located at opposite ends of Queens, while Newark Liberty International Airport is located in nearby New Jersey, close to Manhattan. Tampa, Florida, is home to two major airports: Tampa International Airport and St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport.
Which direct flight route between New York City and Tampa is cheapest?
The cheapest direct route between New York City and Tampa takes off from Newark Liberty and lands at Tampa International Airport. Coming in at a close second is the route from John F. Kennedy International to Tampa International Airport. Choose your route by figuring costs of travel to your departure airport and then looking at rental car costs or shuttle transportation time and cost at your arrival airport.
While both New York City and Tampa are large cities, the "Big Apple" endures all four seasons while Tampa features a more moderate temperature all year long, although summers can be humid. Plan a visit in late winter, spring or fall, and escape the sometimes harsh weather of New York City for a bit of fun in the sun. Spend time in downtown Tampa Bay, and you'll find art museums and theaters to rival New York City, and the city boasts a river walk that has you strolling by quaint shops, historical buildings and even the Florida Aquarium. Thrill seekers will love a visit to Busch Gardens Tampa, and the magic of Disney is just a short hour and a half drive north in Orlando if you're up for a road trip.
Booking your flight to Tampa from New York City doesn't have to be stressful when you use our easy search engine to find and lock in your flight.
Other user searches
- Cheap flights from New York to Barcelona
- Flights from Sacramento to Miami
- Flights to Las Vegas
- Flights from Grand Rapids to New York
- Flights to Japan
- Flights from Baltimore to Europe
- Cheap flights to Elko Municipal-J. C. Harris Field from Oakland
- Flights Manchester to Italy
- Flights to Lagos from Las Vegas
- New York to Boston cheap flights
Facts and figures about flying from New York to Tampa
- Flights from New York to Tampa are cancelled 1% of the time
- Diversions are not expected on flights between New York and Tampa
- Each week United Air Lines Inc. operates 167 flights from New York to Tampa
- Baltimore/Washington International is the most commonly used connection for flights between New York and Tampa
- Traveling between New York and Tampa typically provides 1219 seats for passengers on a daily basis
- From New York to Tampa, the most frequently used aircraft is a Boeing 737-900
- The average delay between New York and Tampa is 1 hr
- The smallest aircraft operating flights from New York to Tampa is the Canadair CRJ 200
- Flights from New York to Tampa offer a Boeing 757 Mixed as the largest available aircraft