Cheap flights to Swiss Alps
The Swiss Alps are the picture perfect destination for the outdoors traveler. A shared mountain range among Switzerland, France, Italy and Austria, the Swiss Alps offers some of the most dramatic scenery, green valleys and sparkling blue lakes that welcome travelers booking flights to the Swiss Alps for a winter wonderland vacation.
Travelers heading to the world-famous Swiss Alps book flights via Geneva, Zurich or Lugano, where the options are endless. Warm up by the fire on one of the Alps’ over 200 famous ski resorts or go cross-country skiing with groups of travelers from other areas of the Alps. If you’re a novice, take a few ski lessons before heading out on the mountains with some of the world’s best ski instructors. There are resorts specific to beginners and kids, while intermediates and snowboarders head straight to Davos and Klosters. Expert skiers can challenge themselves at Zermatt, and those off-season travelers will enjoy Swiss Alps flights and resort reservations in the village of Verbier. St. Moritz boasts a more fashionable lifestyle where the see-and-be-seen crowd leaves the slopes and head straight for the town’s nighttime activities.
Your ideal vacation plans will dictate when you’ll fly to the Swiss Alps, but the ideal ski season runs from January to March and is also when most travelers book Swiss Alps flight and resorts. Trekkers and climbers visit the Alps between June and September when the weather is warmer and hiking trails are clear for tourists. It’s no wonder the Swiss Alps are considered “Europe’s winter playground” – with all the skiing, snowboarding, spas and snowshoeing you can handle, the Swiss Alps is the perfect vacation spot for any traveler.
Swiss Alps Travel Information
- Snowy peaks cover 60 percent of Switzerland, so it’s no surprise that travelers booking flights to the Swiss Alps make up the majority of the country’s tourist population. Matterhorn, the resident celebrity amongst the other mountains in the Swiss Alps, overlooks Zermatt and provides challenging routes for courageous, experienced hikers and skiers.
- The highly dependable, affordable Swiss railway system is just as wallet-friendly as your cheap flight to the Swiss Alps. Train travel in Switzerland is an excellent way to take in the country’s breathtaking landscapes while making your way towards your Swiss Alps destination.
- Though one of the most popular winter holiday destinations in the world, the Swiss Alps make for an ideal summer spot and cheap Swiss Alps flights are often found during the summer months. Traverse the alpine landscape on foot or saddle up for a horseback tour of the area, and afterwards head to the spas of Evian and Geneva for a little R&R.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
USA departure airports for flights to Swiss Alps
Flights to Switzerland
More useful information about Swiss Alps
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.