Cheap flights to Lithuania
When is the best time to fly to Lithuania?
The peak season in Lithuania tends to be from mid-May to September. This is when the weather warms up and the locals embrace the increased temperatures with many events and festivals. You’ll notice outdoor terraces popping up across the city during the summer although cheap flights to Lithuania are more expensive as the summer comes into season. In February you can experience the Uzgavenes festival, where every Shrove Tuesday locals and tourists flock to Vilnius for an incredible event. The event itself is a celebration of winter coming to an end with parades and a conclusion with a huge pagan wicker woman that explodes alongside a magnificent snowball fight.
You’ll find the cheapest flights to Lithuania from October until March. October is when the cold snaps begin to coat the country. Due to the cold weather, tourism slows down a lot although it can be popular among skiers, snowboarders and ice fishing.
When is the best time to book a flight to Lithuania?
December and January are the cheapest months of the year to buy your flight tickets so aim to secure your flights to Lithuania around then if you’re on a budget, especially if you’re interested in winter sports. You’ll want to secure your flight tickets two or three months in advance but the earlier the better. If you have the luxury of being flexible then you can find return flights to Lithuania for as little as £80. Flexibility will also help tremendously during the peak summer months where prices can shoot up to double or three times the usual costs. Any events can sometimes cause spikes in the cost of flights to Lithuania so bear that in mind when you’re comparing dates and locations.
How long is the flight to Lithuania?
Flights from London to Vilnius, Lithuania: 2 hours 30 minutes.
Flights from Manchester to Kaunas, Lithuania: 7 hours 05 minutes.
Flights from Birmingham to Vilnius, Lithuania: 2 hours 50 minutes.
Flights from Glasgow to Kaunas, Lithuania: 9 hours 00 minutes.
Which airlines operate flights to Lithuania?
Almost all direct flights to Lithuania will be operated by either Ryanair or Wizz Air. Both are budget airlines which mean whilst you’ll receive the cheapest flights to Lithuania, you’ll also be sacrificing the quality of your flight. Wizz Air for example does not allocate specific seats for your journey so it’s a bit of a free-for-all once you board the plane. There are special flight tickets you can buy with them for an increase cost which will allow you to board before the passengers on a standard ticket. The other aspect of budget airlines is that during the peak months of the year you’ll have to pay excessive amounts for checked-in baggage. If you’re on a tight budget then low cost airlines are perfect as you will find very cheap flights to Lithuania and the flight time is less than 3 hours if it’s direct.
How to get from the airport to the city centre?
There are several ways to get from the airport to the city centre. The cheapest way would be to get a bus from the airport. The bus is reliable and runs very frequently throughout the day and goes directly into the city. There is also a dedicated train which operates from the airport on a regular basis. The train is quicker and can be more convenient if you have a lot of baggage however it isn’t as cheap as taking the bus. You can also arrange for a minibus to collect you from the airport but this is something you should organize once you’ve purchased your cheap flights to Lithuania. Lastly you can opt to get a taxi from outside of the arrivals Terminal. If you are travelling with friends then you can split the fare and find that the journey isn’t too expensive, just make sure you’ve agreed on the fare before getting in.
You have the choice of bus numbers 29 and 29E to get from the airport in Kaunas to the city centre. If your flights to Lithuania arrive at night then bus number 29E would be operational so you can still find your way to the city easily. All public transport in Kaunas is paid for by way of an electronic contactless card system. You can load up your card with a set amount of money and then each time you get on a bus you can use it to pay for the journey. You can buy a card from the airport at Narvesen (a convenient store in the arrivals terminal). Failing that you’ll need to get a taxi from outside of the airport. Taxis aren’t cheap but they aren’t extremely expensive either, so if you can split the fare with friends then you’ll find a taxi much more convenient.
Lithuania insider information
- For glitz and glamour, there is nothing quite like the annual Lithuania Opera Ball.
- So you’ve fallen in love and want to pop the question, where do you do it? Well Lithuania makes the list of the top 10 places to propose.
- It’s always helpful to have a look at the airport guide after you’ve secured your flight tickets to a country so your transition is smooth and seamless.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Lithuania
USA departure airports for flights to Lithuania
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Lithuania
Select your preferred destination from the list below
More useful information about Lithuania
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.