Cheap flights to Clearwater, Florida (FL)
Home to pristine white-sand beaches and glittering waters, Clearwater is a beach-lovers paradise. Situated just off the Gulf of Mexico in the Sunshine State of Florida, Clearwater is consistently ranked as one of the best beach destinations in the whole of the United States. The stunning natural beauty of the area is an attraction in itself with no two beaches seeming quite the same. However, this most picturesque of destinations offers much more than just long stretches of sugar-white sand. It is home to a wealth of attractions suitable for the whole family.
This area of Florida is famous for its native dolphins, many of which can often be seen cavorting amongst the waves. Clearwater Marine Aquarium is dedicated to preserving all marine life and is a fabulous place to visit, with dolphins, turtles, stingrays and sharks always on hand to greet visitors. Pier 60 is one of the most iconic boardwalks in the USA and, in addition to being an ideal place from which to enjoy a bit of fishing, is also home to a funfair for the younger ones. During the evening, the pier comes alive with music and entertainment, as the traditional Sunset at Pier 60 festivities get under away.
Away from the seafront, Downtown Clearwater is a vibrant mix of chic shopping outlets and eating and drinking establishments. Situated in this area, the Cleveland Street District is one of the city's most historic thoroughfares, its raised position affording great views over the harbor.
Best Time to Fly to Clearwater
The excellent climate enjoyed by Clearwater makes it an all-year round destination. However during the months of April to May and October to November, the beaches are a little less crowded, making these periods perhaps the ideal time to visit. Additionally, although temperatures during August are probably at their highest, it is also the month most likely to see heavy afternoon showers, so it is advisable to avoid visiting during this time.
The opening period of the year, from January through to March, is the cheapest time to visit. During these months the number of visitors drops off slightly as the weather, although remaining pleasantly mild, begins to cool in comparison to the rest of the year.
Getting around Clearwater
The city is relatively compact, making it easy to get around. The local bus service operates regularly and offers 35 different routes throughout the area, while it is also possible to catch a traditional trolley car. Taxis cannot be hailed in the street and have to be booked in advance.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
USA departure airports for flights to Clearwater
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Clearwater
- Chicago (CHI)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- New York (NYC)
- St Louis (STL)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Columbus (CMH)
- Cincinnati (CVG)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Nashville (BNA)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Newark (EWR)
- Syracuse (SYR)
- Allentown (ABE)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Miami (MIA)
- Denver (DEN)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- New Orleans (MSY)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Knoxville (TYS)
- Houston (IAH)
- Dayton (DAY)
- Greensboro (GSO)
- Boston (BOS)
Flights to Florida
This is useful information about Clearwater
More useful information about Clearwater
- Florida is great for many outdoor activities including kayaking. Take a trip down the Peace River.
- With nine major airports to choose from, direct flights to Florida are easy to find.
- Fly to the Sunshine State for escape the bleakness of winter.
- Since Florida has over 1,000 courses to choose from and is a popular destination for golf vacations.
- Many Floridian metro areas offer upscale shopping and provide access to major cruise lines.
- Get a last minute flight to Florida to catch spring training baseball games.
- Beyond the theme parks, Florida has many different family vacation options with many resorts catering to children.
- For a beach vacation, Florida has many options with 1200 miles of coastline.
- During the off season (typically summer), you can get the most inexpensive one way flight to Florida.
- If the beach isn't your thing, take a hike around the state's largest lake: Lake Okeechobee.