Cheap flights to Florida (FL), USA
Best Time to Fly to Florida
October through April is the peak tourist season for flights to southern Florida. Orlando’s theme parks are busy year-round, with the highest peaks coinciding with school vacations, including spring and summer breaks. Summer is the busy season in northern Florida. Florida remains a popular destination for spring-break vacations, and those weeks are busy as are long holiday weekends.
Winter is the off season in northern Florida. If you don’t mind the hot and humid weather, cheap flights to Florida's southern region are easily found in the summer.
Why you should take a flight to Florida
Before buying airline tickets to Florida decide what part of the state you want to explore: There’s so much to do in Florida, it’s hard to know where to begin. Book a Florida trip to the gulf side to see Clearwater Beach, Naples, and Sanibel Island – year-round destination spots with resorts, condos, golf courses and enough sand and sun to keep anyone happy. Mickey Mouse welcomes millions of tourists to his home in Orlando, and Daytona Beach traditionally serves as host to Spring-breakers. Further south, Florida flights drop travelers in Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and Miami, where decadence and lavish lifestyles line the city centers. Simply put: Florida is a destination spot for anyone.
Flights to Florida are easy to find, and savvy travelers will find cheap flights to Florida during the off season (usually the summer months). Sports fans booking Florida airline tickets will head straight to Jacksonville for Spring Training or down to Miami for a Dolphins game.
Beach lovers on flights to Florida will find heaven in Miami and West Palm Beach. Pack the golf clubs on your trip to Florida – this state has some of the best courses in the nation. And if you’re a foodie you’re in luck: Florida is home to some of the finest restaurants in the nation with an eclectic mix of cuisine and dining options for any traveler on any budget.
With so many options, it’s no wonder that your Florida flight takes you to one of the hottest destination spots for travelers.
Getting around Florida
A car is the best way to get around Florida. Although some cities have public transportation, you need to check that it goes where you want to go and at convenient times. Driving is generally the best way to go from town to town and across the state. Depending on the distance, flying from one city to another may be a better option.
Florida is great for bicycling. Although biking in the cities isn’t recommended, there are bike paths along the coasts and long-distance trails in central Florida. Plus, Florida is flat: its highest point is 345 feet above sea level.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Florida
Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
USA departure airports for flights to Florida
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Florida
- New York (NYC)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Boston (BOS)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Newark (EWR)
- St Louis (STL)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Houston (IAH)
- Washington (WAS)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Cincinnati (CVG)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Trenton (TTN)
- Latrobe (LBE)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Columbus (CMH)
- Denver (DEN)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Hartford (BDL)
- Allentown (ABE)
- San Diego (SAN)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Worcester (ORH)
Select your preferred destination from the list below
- Flights to Daytona Beach
- Flights to Fort Lauderdale
- Flights to Fort Myers
- Flights to Fort Walton Beach
- Flights to Gainesville
- Flights to Jacksonville
- Flights to Key West
- Flights to Melbourne
- Flights to Miami
- Flights to Orlando
- Flights to Panama City
- Flights to Pensacola
- Flights to Punta Gorda
- Flights to Sanford
- Flights to Sarasota
- Flights to St Petersburg
- Flights to Tallahassee
- Flights to Tampa
- Flights to West Palm Beach
More useful information about Florida
- Florida is great for many outdoor activities including kayaking. Take a trip down the Peace River.
- With nine major airports to choose from, direct flights to Florida are easy to find.
- Fly to the Sunshine State for escape the bleakness of winter.
- Since Florida has over 1,000 courses to choose from and is a popular destination for golf vacations.
- Many Floridian metro areas offer upscale shopping and provide access to major cruise lines.
- Get a last minute flight to Florida to catch spring training baseball games.
- Beyond the theme parks, Florida has many different family vacation options with many resorts catering to children.
- For a beach vacation, Florida has many options with 1200 miles of coastline.
- During the off season (typically summer), you can get the most inexpensive one way flight to Florida.
- If the beach isn't your thing, take a hike around the state's largest lake: Lake Okeechobee.
Other user searches
- Europe flights
- Cheap flights to Dominican Republic
- Flights from Duluth to Puerto Rico
- Flights to Maui
- Cheap flights from Chicago to Dallas/Fort Worth International
- Kenai Municipal to Patagonia
- Massachusetts to Douglas
- Flights from New York to Florida
- Flights to Papua New Guinea from Ashland
- Cheap flights to Esperance from Pueblo Memorial