Flights from Los Angeles (LAX) to Miami (MIA)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from Los Angeles to Miami across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
We've found some great deals to other destinations in Florida As you had searched for Miami, we thought you might be interested in these other destinations...
Travel information for Los Angeles to Miami
- Only 8.8 miles separate Los Angeles from Burbank (BUR)
- Only 27.3 miles separate Los Angeles from Long Beach (LGB)
- Only 40.4 miles separate Los Angeles from Palmdale (PMD)
How much do things cost in Miami and Los Angeles?
Additional useful information for Miami
Miami, Florida is a sunny, lively city that attracts loads of travelers each year who can't wait to relax on the white sandy shores of Miami Beach or hit up the trendy boutiques for the latest fashions in the Miami Design District. Miami is a versatile city that has something for people of all ages and tastes, from pier fishing off the Newport Fishing Pier to rubbing elbows with the rich and famous at Eleven Miami nightclub. If you're traveling to Miami from Los Angeles, you'll enjoy the subtle differences between California and Florida, as well as the similarities. Getting to Miami is easy too, as Cheapflights can help you book your flight with ease and convenience.
How long is the flight from Los Angeles to Miami?
Flying to Miami from Los Angeles generally takes approximately four hours. However, unforeseen events such as wind speeds, thunderstorms or snowstorms, and flight delays can lead to shorter or longer flight times, so it's always best to add in at least one hour when estimating your arrival time.
Which airlines operate flights from Los Angeles to Miami?
Several U.S. and international carriers operate direct flights from Los Angeles to Miami out of Los Angeles International Airport. Airlines served by LAX include American Airlines, Delta Airlines, and jetBlue.
How frequent are flights between Los Angeles and Miami?
Multiple airlines served by Los Angeles International Airport typically offer up to 20 direct flights to Miami per day, making it easy to book your trip around your schedule. It is important to note, however, that flight frequency is subject to change due to cancellations, demand and flight schedules.
Which airports serve Los Angeles to Miami?
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and Miami International Airport serve several major U.S. and international carriers that offer direct flights to Miami, several times a day.
Which direct flight route between Los Angeles and Miami is cheapest?
American Airlines direct flight route from LAX to Miami International Airport is the cheapest route, followed by United Airlines' direct flight from LAX to Miami.
Los Angeles and Miami are similar in terms of warm weather, hip trendy residents, and close proximity to the beach. While Los Angeles is a 20 minute drive from the ocean, Miami Beach sits along the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico, for instant access to boating, fishing, swimming, surfing and more. Miami is also known for its clubs, shopping options, and upscale restaurants. When visiting Miami, make sure to pack a few dressy items in addition to your beachwear if you plan on hitting the town, as many establishments enforce dress codes. If you're traveling with kids, you'll definitely want to stop by Miami Seaquarium for an underwater adventure, then head over to Jungle Island to visit with almost 3,000 wild animals, birds and plants.
The flight from Los Angeles to Miami takes just over four hours, and Cheapflights is on deck to help you find the best flight deal any day of the year. Booking your ticket is simple with the help of our website, so you'll be on your way in no time.
Other user searches
- Cheap flights from New York to Orlando
- Cheap Austin to Panama City flights
- Gatwick from Bellingham
- Cheapest flights to London
- Flights to Tulsa from Madison
- Cheap Detroit to Boston flights
- Cheap flights to Chicago
- Spokane to Alaska
- Brazil cheap flight
- Flights from Hattiesburg to Northern Maine Rgnl at Presque Isle
Facts and figures about flying from Los Angeles to Miami
- Flights from Los Angeles to Miami are cancelled 0.7 percent of the time
- Every week American Airlines Inc. has 251 flights from Los Angeles to Miami
- Diversions are not expected on flights between Los Angeles and Miami
- When traveling between Los Angeles and Miami, the most commonly used aircraft is a Boeing 757 Mixed
- The largest aircraft operating flights from Los Angeles to Miami is the Boeing 777-200
- Traveling between Los Angeles and Miami typically provides 2539 seats for passengers on a daily basis
- Flights from Los Angeles to Miami are typically delayed by 45 mins
- Passengers are most likely to connect via George Bush Intercontinental, when flying between Los Angeles and Miami
- The Boeing 737-800 (winglets) is the smallest airplane available for flights between Los Angeles and Miami