Cheap flights to Colorado (CO), USA
The town of Breckenridge flourished in the late 19th century as Colorado’s prime gold mining town. Today, it is one of the largest ski resorts in Colorado attracting visitors from all over the world to its fabled mountains.
Known for offering up terrain for skiers of all levels, Breckenridge boasts stellar ski instructors and gentle slopes, as well as intermediate trails and heart-stopping double black diamonds for advanced skiers. Because of its high altitude (almost 13,000 feet of summit elevation), some visitors may need time to acclimate.
Breckenridge’s historic downtown is quaint and has a wide variety of shops, restaurants and après ski spots. Families are well catered to with ice skating, sledding, a children’s museum, family-friendly restaurants and plenty of warm-weather activities.
To get to this resort town, fly into Denver International Airport, then take a car or coach two hours to Breckenridge.
Breckenridge is a mountain town, and sudden weather changes are possible any time of year. The area typically features cooler air at higher elevations and warmer conditions at the base of its mountains. Wind and clouds can have a big impact on how chilly the air feels. Breckenridge receives plenty of snowfall November through March, with ski season usually beginning in early November. Keep in mind the high altitude brings stronger sun and the potential for altitude sickness; wear sunscreen and stay hydrated!Temperatures reach a high of about 35 F November through March, but they can also dip to about 0 F during that time. Slightly warmer weather sets in April through June. Temperatures hover around 70 F from June to September.
Best Time to Fly to Colorado
Ski season is peak season in Breckenridge. December through March is the busiest time when crowds of skiers come to hit the slopes. June through August can be busy, too, as the weather is often sunny and warm during these months and outdoor activities are plentiful.
May through October is considered the off season in Breckenridge, as most visitors come for the ski season (November through April). If you’re looking for a ski deal, aim for the beginning or end of the ski season.
Getting around Colorado
Various shuttles and buses offer transportation from the airport to the resort with a journey time of about two hours. Chartered buses are also available for groups. Breckenridge is fairly walkable with many of the accommodations and attractions all within walking distance of the ski area or downtown, but a free shuttle system also operates in the area.
Colorado Travel Information
- Movie buffs won’t want to miss rubbing shoulders with Hollywood’s biggest directors and actors at the Breckenridge Festival of Film, which takes place in September.
- Take a break from skiing and visit the Breckenridge Gallery, which has a good selection of contemporary art. Or for a taste of some local flavor, the Arts Alive Fine Art gallery features artwork by local artists.
- Have dinner in a 1930s Colorado ranch – Keystone Ranch. The superb restaurant serves a delicious five-course dinner.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Colorado
USA departure airports for flights to Colorado
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Colorado
- New York (NYC)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Houston (IAH)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Boston (BOS)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Miami (MIA)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Buffalo (BUF)
- Austin (AUS)
- Newark (EWR)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Albany (ALB)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- New Orleans (MSY)
- St Louis (STL)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Columbus (CMH)
- Providence (PVD)
- San Antonio (SAT)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Fresno (FAT)
Select your preferred destination from the list below
- Flights to Alamosa
- Flights to Aspen
- Flights to Colorado Springs
- Flights to Cortez
- Flights to Denver
- Flights to Durango
- Flights to Grand Junction
- Flights to Gunnison
- Flights to Montrose
- Flights to Pueblo
- Flights to Steamboat Springs
- Flights to Telluride
- Flights to Vail
More useful information about Colorado
- The ski resorts' peak travel time is in winter and they are as crowded in July as they are in February.
- Check out the Denver Zoo during your trip to The Centennial State, with over 3,500 different animals calling it home.
- The western part of the state comprises of beautiful remote desert canyons and the remnants of the cliff cities.
- Consider planning a day trip to the Elitch Gardens amusement park after booking your flight.
- The Denver Mint has been open since 1906, and is still operating and producing coins for circulation.
- Denver International Airport includes hubs to airlines such as Frontier Airlines and United.
- Many cyclists take last minute Colorado flights since interstate highway shoulders are open for bicycle use.
- Colorado averages 296 sunny days a year. There isn’t much precipitation in the lower elevations.
- Visitors booking direct Colorado flights during winter have a soft-spot for ski travel.
- After your one way flight to Colorado, you’re sure to find yourself in the land of purple mountains majesty.
Other user searches
- Flights Tallahassee to Prague
- Flight to Mobile
- Cheap Phoenix to Tallahassee flights
- Juneau International to Lampang flights
- Flights from Boston to Nairobi
- San Francisco to California
- United Airlines bookings
- Cheap flights to Vancouver
- Flights from Salt Lake City to Brisbane
- Cheap flights from Los Angeles to Valencia