Cheap flights to Nuremberg, Germany
Spending a weekend in Nuremberg is a great adventure holiday. Nuremberg is Bavaria's second largest city and a dynamic location with an excellent nightlife for those who like to see the sunrise. The city is bustling with the younger crowd who love to sample its dark beer and enjoy the sights. Once the home of German kings and their jewels, Nuremberg hosts some intriguing architectural sights, museums, galleries and is the famous Kaiserburg castle. The Hauptmarkt is a busy square in the old town (Altstadt) which is the home to various markets and the Christmas market called Christkindlesmarkt. As Nuremberg was home to the Nazi war trials in 1945-46, the city has commemorated these trials, and the court room 600 in which they took place, with the Memorium Nuremberg Trials museum.
The Germanisches Nationalmuseum offers visitors to the city exhibits ranging from prehistory to the earliest 20th century, with painters, sculptors and other artists well-represented as well. After a day seeing the sights, travelers can soak up some authentic German culture and cuisine at Bratwursthäusle,a timber frame restaurant with views of the Altstadt. Families with children will enjoy visiting the local zoo, the Round Tower or the five outdoor miniature golf courses for the sporty tourist. Spa hotels are in abundance in the area and ideal for the weary visitor who needs to relax and unwind in a stress-free environment.
Best Time to Fly to Nuremberg
The city offers visitors a humid continental climate. This means it has warm summers but no real dry season. The hot season lasts from late May to early September with daily temperatures in the high 60s (Fahrenheit). The cold season runs from late November to late February. Average temperatures are around the 40s. If you want to really get into the Christmas spirit, a festive event is held at the Hauptmarkt from late November to Christmas Eve, transforming Nuremberg into the "Christmas City" and attracting shoppers from all over Europe and the world.Low season is the cheapest time to visit the city but from late November to the Christmas period, airfare and hotel rates are likely to be more expensive due to the popularity of the city during the Christmas Market. From February onwards rates are likely to be cheaper, until May, when the warmer weather heralds the start of high season in the city. Seasonal specials may be offered for very brief periods before the high season.
Getting around Nuremberg
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Nuremberg
USA departure airports for flights to Nuremberg
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Nuremberg
- Dallas (DFW)
- Houston (IAH)
- New York (NYC)
- Seattle (SEA)
- San Antonio (SAT)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Newark (EWR)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Austin (AUS)
- Boston (BOS)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- El Paso (ELP)
- Washington (WAS)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Miami (MIA)
- Dayton (DAY)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Mexico City (MEX)
- Portland (PDX)
- Grand Rapids (GRR)
This is useful information about Nuremberg
More useful information about Nuremberg
- Comparable to a pub in the UK, a gasthaus is a family-run eatery.
- Germany has 16 states or Bundesländer which can be visited by train.
- Get a last minute flight to Germany to castles and gardens maintained by Europe’s most elite.
- The busiest season for direct flights to Germany is May to late October.
- Make sure to find time to visit Germany's castles and picturesque villages.
- Good deals on one way flights to Germany can be had if you are flexible with your travel dates.
- Find good pilsners and other lagers served in bars on your flight to Germany.
- To see romantic castles and picturesque villages, Romantic Road is the route to take.
- Although winter generally brings fewer visitors, it is becoming a popular time especially for the ski areas.
- The country has world class opera houses. You can find them in cities such as Berlin and Munich.