Cheap flights to Hannover, Germany
To visit Hannover is to step into Germany’s past. The capital city of Lower Saxony has held fast to its medieval origins, despite being heavily hit during World War II. Today, Hannover is best known as a hotspot for trade fairs and conventions, but there is plenty here for the leisure traveler to enjoy, too.
To understand Hannover, one must start their exploration of the city in Old Town. Here, the picturesque scene is set by rows upon rows of historic white and brown half-timbered houses towering against narrow alleyways. Strolling through the Old Town district, it’s easy to imagine what life must have looked like during the medieval era in Germany. While exploring Old Town, don’t miss the striking gothic architecture of the city’s old Town Hall.
Speaking of historic attractions, travelers will find that Hannover is filled with them. The eye-catching architecture of Hannover’s newer Town Hall and its domed tower dominate the city’s skyline, while the remains of the centuries-old Aegidien Church are another must-see.
For a more modern look at Hannover, see how the locals live today at Kröpcke, the town’s new center. Filled with department stores, an opera house, with its department stores, restaurants and even an opera house, this pedestrian zone can fill an entire day in Hannover.
Culturally, Hannover is rich. Sites like the Sprengel Museum and the Lower Saxony State Museum satisfy any traveler’s needs for art and history exhibits. Meanwhile, this riverside town also features plenty of water-based entertainment, both at the River Leine and the man-made Maschsee Lake. For the best nature in Hannover, though, a trip to the Herrenhauser Gardens is a must.
Of course, one can’t visit Hannover without stopping for a pint at a German beer garden. While there are plenty of options in the city, one of the best beer gardens is Lister Turm Biergarten, where a backdrop of trees and nature set the mood for an afternoon of drinking.
Best Time to Fly to Hannover
Although Hannover is a year-round destination, many tourists choose to visit the city during April, May, September and October, due to drier weather and warm — but not unbearably so — temperatures. June, July and August bring the warmest weather to Hannover, as well as a flurry of festivals, but the heavy rains of the season are a turnoff for some visitors. Cheap flights to Hannover may be easier to find during the months of December, January and February, when the weather is at its coldest.
Getting around Hannover
Hannover has plenty of options for public transportation, so getting around the city is generally not an issue. Both buses and underground trains connect travelers to all parts of the city. Taxis are plentiful but costly. Pedestrian walkways throughout the city also make it easy to travel on foot.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Hannover
USA departure airports for flights to Hannover
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Hannover
- New York (NYC)
- Houston (IAH)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Boston (BOS)
- Denver (DEN)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Des Moines (DSM)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Mexico City (MEX)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Austin (AUS)
- Washington (WAS)
- San Antonio (SAT)
This is useful information about Hannover
More useful information about Hannover
- Comparable to a pub in the UK, a gasthaus is a family-run eatery.
- Germany has 16 states or Bundesländer which can be visited by train.
- Get a last minute flight to Germany to castles and gardens maintained by Europe’s most elite.
- The busiest season for direct flights to Germany is May to late October.
- Make sure to find time to visit Germany's castles and picturesque villages.
- Good deals on one way flights to Germany can be had if you are flexible with your travel dates.
- Find good pilsners and other lagers served in bars on your flight to Germany.
- To see romantic castles and picturesque villages, Romantic Road is the route to take.
- Although winter generally brings fewer visitors, it is becoming a popular time especially for the ski areas.
- The country has world class opera houses. You can find them in cities such as Berlin and Munich.
Other user searches
- Cheap flights Mexico
- Yuma Marine Corps Air Station/Yuma International to Kavalla
- Baltimore tickets
- Washington to Hawaii
- Cheap flights from Houston to Las Vegas
- Dallas to Finland
- Flights to Sydney from Chicago
- Pittsburgh to Florida cheap flights
- Los Cabos tickets
- Nadi International from Sacramento Executive flights