Flights from Chicago (CHI) to Miami (MIA)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from Chicago to Miami across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
Travel information for Chicago to Miami
How much do things cost in Miami and Chicago?
Additional useful information for Miami
Oh, Miami. Some like it hot, and when they do, they go to Miami, Florida. Chicago residents looking to escape the harsh Midwest winter or spice things up for the summer are bound to find Miami an accommodating getaway. From the beaches to the museums, and the rich Cuban-influenced culture to the culinary delights, Miami has a little something for everyone. Lodging options are aplenty as well for those leaving the Windy City for Miami. Stay in an exotic luxury hotel along the water, book a condo at a golf resort, or stay frugal at a modestly priced hotel. Whichever you choose, make sure your location accommodates your recreation plans if you're not renting a car.
How long is the flight from Chicago to Miami?
Direct flights from Chicago to Miami take about three hours from gate to gate. Flights with stops can take as long as six hours or more.
Which airlines operate flights from Chicago to Miami?
Spirit, American, United and jetBlue are the major airlines that can get you directly from Chicago to Miami. If you want to make a stop or two along the way, consider opening your search to include multiple airlines.
How frequent are flights between Chicago and Miami?
Between all the airlines that offer flights from Chicago to Miami, expect to find around 20 or more options on any given day. While there are many nonstop flights available, some may include a stop along the way.
Which airports serve Chicago to Miami?
Although Chicago has two major airports - Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW) and Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) - only O'Hare offers direct flights to Miami International Airport (MIA).
Which direct flight route between Chicago and Miami is cheapest?
The low end for a round trip from Chicago to Miami is between $250 and $300. However, you might be able to find a better deal if you're willing to fly into nearby Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport (FLL) instead of MIA. If you do go with that option, be sure to take advantage of the train that runs to Miami from FLL to get there quickly and cheaply.
While Chicago is known for its windy weather and down-to-earth residents, Miami likes to kick things up a notch with both its subtropical climate and appreciation for all things caliente. For most of the year, you can leave your hat, gloves and heavy coat in Chi-Town when you depart for Miami; instead, bring some sunscreen.
Looking for a hot time in the city or relaxed sunbathing at the beach? Use our smart search engine to find the best deals on flights from Chicago to Miami.
Other user searches
- Istanbul flights
- Flights Houston to Australia
- Flights from New York to Koltsovo Airport
- Cheap Costa Rica flights
- New York to Reno flights
- Dodge City to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County flights
- Cheap flights to California
- Hawaii tickets
- Cincinnati to Dallas/Fort Worth International flights
- Reno flights
Facts and figures about flying from Chicago to Miami
- On average all flights between Chicago and Miami offer a total of 2271 seats per day
- For flights between Chicago and Miami, the average cancellation rate is 1.1%
- The majority of flights between Chicago and Miami are completed by a Boeing 737-800 (winglets)
- Flights from Chicago to Miami offer a Canadair CRJ 700 as the smallest available aircraft
- Flights from Chicago to Miami offer a Boeing 747-400 (Domestic) as the largest available aircraft
- Chicago to Miami flights are not usually subject to diversions
- From Chicago to Miami, American Airlines Inc. operates 249 flights a week
- Flights from Chicago to Miami are typically delayed by 42 mins
- When flying from Chicago to Miami, Charlotte/Douglas International is the most common place passengers connect in