Cheap flights to Valencia, Spain
Some of Europe’s most notable museums, charming historic districts and sandy beaches boasting views of the Mediterranean Sea battle for attention in the Spanish city of Valencia, the third largest city in the country. This under-the-radar destination is much more than the birthplace of paella: it is the forefront of past meeting present in Spain.
Today, visitors to Valencia are watching the city evolve before their eyes. Once defined by the Turia River, Valencia’s former riverfront is now dominated by the City of Arts and Science, an impressive museum complex with spectacular architecture and exhibits. Historic markets, cathedrals and plazas remind visitors of Valencia’s past, and still, the historic port town holds true to its roots with several beaches offering a front-row view of the Mediterranean Sea.
Of course, eating is a way of life throughout Spain, and Valencia is no exception. It was here that the popular Spanish dish of paella was born, and travelers will delight in trying the many variations of local paella while visiting Valencia. Nightlife in Valencia doesn’t disappoint either, especially in the lively neighborhood of Barrio del Carmen.
Best Time to Fly to Valencia
Visitors tend to flock to the town and beaches of Valencia in the months of July and August, when the weather is at its warmest and rainfall at its lowest. August visitors can also spend the day experiencing the world-famous La Tomatina tomato-throwing festival in the town of Bunol, about 30 minutes from Valencia. December, January and February may be the cheapest months to visit Valencia because of the cold temperatures, but visitors should keep in mind that these months also see limited operating hours for many tourist attractions. The shoulder season months of April and May can be the best time to visit Valencia, thanks to fewer crowds and enjoyable weather.
Getting around Valencia
Public transportation is a useful option for getting around Valencia. An underground metro system bypasses city traffic, and visitors generally find that Line 4 is best for exploring the city center and beach areas. Public buses are another convenient option for getting around Valencia. Tourists may also be interested in the sightseeing bus that runs historical- and maritime-themed routes. Many of the city’s popular attractions are accessible by foot or bicycle, and more than 100 bicycle rental stations are available throughout Valencia.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Valencia
USA departure airports for flights to Valencia
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Valencia
- Miami (MIA)
- New York (NYC)
- Houston (IAH)
- Newark (EWR)
- Boston (BOS)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Dallas (DFW)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Washington (WAS)
- Chicago (CHI)
- San Jose (SJC)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Honolulu (HNL)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Louisville (SDF)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Tegucigalpa (TGU)
- Syracuse (SYR)
Useful information about Valencia
More useful information about Valencia
- The Catalans enjoy calcotades in late winter and early spring, which is a different kind of BBQ.
- Compared to the UK, Spain is 5 times as large, but only has 2/3 of the population.
- To see birds and plants not found anywhere else in the world, go to the Islote de Lobos Nature Reserve.
- Some well known artists that hail from Spain, include Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali and Joan Miró.
- One of Majorca’s tourist attractions is the Coves del Drac. Take a last minute flight to Spain to see it.
- With a one way flight to Spain, you can find deals if you are flexible with your dates.
- The best months for direct flights to Spain are May, June, and September.
- In July and August, Spain is extremely hot. The rest of the year the climate is generally temperate.
- Valencia has renowned museums, art collections, and it is where paella was created.
- Ibiza is known for its hedonistic resorts, electric nightlife, and fine beaches.