Cheap flights to Barcelona International (BCN)
Barcelona International Airport (BCN) is generally known as El Prat Airport. It is located 8 miles (12km) outside of Barcelona and is the second-largest airport in Spain. Its close proximity to Barcelona makes El Prat a great airport from where to start a Spanish break.
The airport caters for tourists and locals alike with a great selection of shops and duty free items. The El Prat Airport receives most of its flights from other European airports and a couple from airports in North Africa. The terminal is easy to navigate and staff at the airport are always willing to help.
El Prat is popular with low-cost airlines and it is a hub for Ryanair, Spanair and Vueling. Iberia and Air Europa have regular flights to and from El Prat Airport and it is easy to find domestic, European and charter flights to Barcelona El Prat Airport. Several major carriers choose to use El Prat (British Airways, American Airlines, Air Canada) and most flights to the Canary Islands, Granada and the Balearic Islands either stop-over or originate from Barcelona Airport.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Barcelona International
USA departure airports for flights to Barcelona International
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Barcelona International
- New York (NYC)
- Miami (MIA)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Washington (WAS)
- Boston (BOS)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Mexico City (MEX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Newark (EWR)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Nashville (BNA)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Guatemala City (GUA)
- Austin (AUS)
- Houston (IAH)
- Denver (DEN)
- St Louis (STL)
- Norfolk (ORF)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Tucson (TUS)
- Ontario (ONT)
- Raleigh (RDU)
Interesting information about Barcelona International
More useful information about Barcelona International
- The Catalans enjoy calcotades in late winter and early spring, which is a different kind of BBQ.
- Compared to the UK, Spain is 5 times as large, but only has 2/3 of the population.
- To see birds and plants not found anywhere else in the world, go to the Islote de Lobos Nature Reserve.
- Some well known artists that hail from Spain, include Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali and Joan Miró.
- One of Majorca’s tourist attractions is the Coves del Drac. Take a last minute flight to Spain to see it.
- With a one way flight to Spain, you can find deals if you are flexible with your dates.
- The best months for direct flights to Spain are May, June, and September.
- In July and August, Spain is extremely hot. The rest of the year the climate is generally temperate.
- Valencia has renowned museums, art collections, and it is where paella was created.
- Ibiza is known for its hedonistic resorts, electric nightlife, and fine beaches.