Flights from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to New York (NYC)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from Fort Lauderdale to New York across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
We've found some great deals to other destinations in New York State As you had searched for New York, we thought you might be interested in these other destinations...
Travel information for Fort Lauderdale to New York
- Only 25.1 miles separate Fort Lauderdale from Miami (MIA)
- Only 37.4 miles separate Fort Lauderdale from West Palm Beach (PBI)
- Only 93.6 miles separate Fort Lauderdale from Fort Pierce (FPR)
How much do things cost in New York and Fort Lauderdale?
Additional useful information for New York
Dozens of non-stop flights depart Fort Lauderdale for New York City every day, inviting you to sample the eats, arts and entertainment of the nation's largest city. New York's eateries offer a daily buffet of choices, from international specialties such as South African samosas to Michelin-starred restaurants. Shoppers can score threads from new designers and museum-worthy antiques at small downtown storefronts in SoHo, Nolita and the Village, while jazz fans make the pilgrimage to storied venues like the Blue Note, or see which music legends turn up at Bill's Place, a bare-bones BYOB in Harlem.
How long is the flight from Fort Lauderdale to New York City?
Direct flights from Fort Lauderdale to New York City are just under three hours long. Save time when you land by figuring out which New York City airport is closest to your final destination. If you're headed to Manhattan, LaGuardia and Newark are a shorter trip than Kennedy.
Which airlines operate flights from Fort Lauderdale to New York City?
United Airlines, Delta, jetBlue, Southwest and Spirit all fly direct from Fort Lauderdale to New York City. American Airlines also flies the route, but makes a connecting stop before landing.
How frequent are flights between Fort Lauderdale and New York City?
Up to 80 flights depart Fort Lauderdale every day for New York City, with just under half of them flying non-stop. Afternoons offer the most choices for travel times, followed by mornings and evenings.
Which airports serve Fort Lauderdale to New York City?
Fort Lauderdale is served by the Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport. New York City has three major airports: LaGuardia Airport and John F. Kennedy International Airport in Queens, and Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey.
Which direct flight route between Fort Lauderdale and New York City is cheapest?
Spirit has the cheapest non-stop flights from Fort Lauderdale to New York City, with the best deals typically available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. However, Delta frequently has the lowest price for weekend flights and early week departures.
Fort Lauderdale's hot summers may tempt you to escape to New York City, but you're better off waiting until September or October, when the pleasantly mild days and brisk evenings let you comfortably walk and explore. Autumn is also when New York's cultural scene kicks into high gear. Many theaters begin their season in autumn, and Broadway shows traditionally open in the fall and spring. If you come during winter, plan to bundle up. New Yorkers don parkas and wool coats while they trek the snowy sidewalks, along with a hat, gloves and extra-warm socks.
Save money and time using our smart search engine to find the cheapest flights from Fort Lauderdale to New York City, including dozens of non-stop flights at low prices.
Other user searches
Facts and figures about flying from Fort Lauderdale to New York
- On average, flights from Fort Lauderdale to New York are cancelled 0.8% of the time
- The majority of flights between Fort Lauderdale and New York are completed by an Airbus A320-100/200
- The smallest aircraft for flights between Fort Lauderdale and New York is an Embraer EMB 195
- Charlotte/Douglas International is the most commonly used connection for flights between Fort Lauderdale and New York
- From Fort Lauderdale to New York, United Air Lines Inc. operates 224 flights a week
- Flights from Fort Lauderdale to New York have 2060 passenger seats available each day
- Boeing 757 Mixed is the biggest available airplane for flights between Fort Lauderdale and New York
- Diversions are not a regular occurrence on flights between Fort Lauderdale and New York
- The average delay time for flights between Fort Lauderdale and New York is 1 hr 4 mins