Cheap flights to Alicante, Spain
If you’re ready to fiesta and flamenco all night long, book a flight to Alicante and let the nightlife consume you. Situated on the Spain’s eastern coast, Alicante has everything a trendy traveler could want: parties, discos, sun, sand, and of course, a couple very cool castles and museums to break up one’s day on the beach.
Flights to Alicante are packed with sun-worshipers during the summer months, but there’s plenty to do in the off-season. Because of its coastal location, Alicante enjoys excellent weather year-round but cheap flights to Alicante can be found during the winter months. It might be a bit cooler, so grab your jacket and stroll down the Paseo de la Explanade – Alicante’s seafront promenade featuring open-air cafes and outdoor musicians. It’s no wonder Alicante is one of Spain’s most visited cities – it’s adventure, excitement and individuality keep travelers coming back for more.
After you book your Alicante cheap flight, be sure to pack your sunscreen! Spain’s Costa Blanca is sunny year round, even throughout its mild winters. Alicante’s seaside location makes for a perfect summer spot, which is convenient when the temperature reaches scorching highs come summertime at 31 degrees C (about 90 degrees F). If your flight to Alicante falls somewhere outside the summer months, don’t fret: the coastal city’s mild climate is a bit rainier and colder in the fall and winter, but temperatures rarely dip below 6 degrees C (40 degrees F).
Best Time to Fly to Alicante
Costa Blanca, the “white coast”, is aptly named for its infinite stretch of sandy beaches. These beaches provide the perfect background for basking in the summer sun, which means flights to Alicante during from May through the end of August will be pricier and lodging will be difficult to come by.
Alicante cheap flights are more abundant just before summer hits, when everyone’s scrambling to hit the beach. Those looking for an explosive, enjoyable stay in Valencia should book cheap flights to Alicante for the second and third weeks of March to celebrate Las Fallas. Though the festival doesn’t actually take place in Alicante, the two hour trip to Valencia is well worth it to check out the sculpted and intricately created pyrotechnic floats that are put on display for a week before they’re set aflame on March 19.
Getting around Alicante
Although Alicante is improving its public transportation, it’s still easiest to get around on your own two feet. The bus lines are easy to figure out and the tram lines are expanding. When your cheap flight to Alicante lands, buy a Bonobús pass for discounted travel on the bus and tram. Once your feet get tired from walking, hop a bus for cheap.
Alicante Travel Information
- Paella, a typical Spanish dish consisting of saffron-infused rice and an assortment of shellfish, meat and vegetables, is a staple at Spanish food stateside, but it doesn’t compare with the paella served up in Alicante. The rice dish is arguably best served in Valencia due to its access to fish fresh from the sea, so if you’re starving after your cheap flight to Alicante, head to the nearest eatery for a sampling of the savory local cuisine.
- Alicante is a city that eat, sleeps, and parties like no other: there are several opportunities throughout the year to witness the spectacular festivals that take place in Alicante and other parts of Valencia. Though Las Fallas in the middle of March takes place just south of Alicante, the elaborate fireworks and carefully planned street celebrations draw crowds from all over Spain and provide ample reason to book Alicante cheap flights. For the Bonfire of San Juan, which takes place around the summer solstice, the city of Alicante creates papier-mâché statues akin to those that appear in March for Las Fallas, and on June 20th the statues are set ablaze before a massive fire works display that captivates all of Alicante.
- Valenciano vs. Castellano: Valenciano, a close linguistic cousin of Catalan, is spoken in Valencia, the province where your cheap flight to Alicante will touch down. You don’t need to be fluent in Valenciano to get by; standard Spanish will suffice.
- One of the benefits of Alicante cheap flights is that you’re based in a city that provides several opportunities for day trips. Hop on a ferry and spend a weekend in the Balearic Islands, or catch a flight to Ibiza for EUR 44. If you’re feeling adventurous and would like to explore the hidden hamlet beaches of the South of Spain, rent a car and head south to Murcia or Almeria to discover a Mediterranean oasis all your own.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Alicante
USA departure airports for flights to Alicante
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Alicante
- New York (NYC)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Miami (MIA)
- Newark (EWR)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Denver (DEN)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Boston (BOS)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Panama City (PTY)
- Boise (BOI)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Portland (PDX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
Interesting information about Alicante
More useful information about Alicante
- The Catalans enjoy calcotades in late winter and early spring, which is a different kind of BBQ.
- Compared to the UK, Spain is 5 times as large, but only has 2/3 of the population.
- To see birds and plants not found anywhere else in the world, go to the Islote de Lobos Nature Reserve.
- Some well known artists that hail from Spain, include Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali and Joan Miró.
- One of Majorca’s tourist attractions is the Coves del Drac. Take a last minute flight to Spain to see it.
- With a one way flight to Spain, you can find deals if you are flexible with your dates.
- The best months for direct flights to Spain are May, June, and September.
- In July and August, Spain is extremely hot. The rest of the year the climate is generally temperate.
- Valencia has renowned museums, art collections, and it is where paella was created.
- Ibiza is known for its hedonistic resorts, electric nightlife, and fine beaches.