Cheap flights to Billund, Denmark
Located in Jutland, Denmark, and home of the Lego Group head office, Billund is much more than a company town. While the theme park might be one of its most visited places, Legoland offers a fun day trip for adults and a world of wonder for children. Billund is also famous for its airport which is the second largest in Denmark. As a firm favourite for travelers with children, this town offers plenty of fun and adventure to enjoy. Many visitors come to the town to visit the Givskud Zoo, Royal Jelling, where you can see runes from Viking times or stop at Lalandia and the Vandel Museum. Accommodation in the city is very child-friendly and the only problem you might have when visiting the city, is how to fit everything in.
Adults and children alike will enjoy the race track, taking a walk through the sculpture park to see the work displayed by local artists and take a swim at the pool. A variety of local museums offer exhibits and interactive fun. If you're interested in trying a biking holiday, there are many cycling routes in the area, no matter your fitness level or experience. There are also camp sites on offer for families who want to get back to nature and leave the world of technology behind. Danish camping sites are very well-appointed, clean and well-maintained. For a visit off the beaten path, try a farm stay and visit a country house where you can enjoy swimming, horse riding and getting back to nature.
Best Time to Fly to Billund
The city has a humid continental climate. This means summers are warm and there is no dry season. Annually, the temperature ranges from 28 to 69 degrees F. Temperatures are rarely above 80 degrees F or lower than 15. The warm season lasts from June to September and the hottest time of the year is in August. The cold season in Billund lasts from November to March. The coldest time of the year is generally during February. The city is often quite cloudy but is a bit clearer from April to September which is the best time to enjoy its views. The rain falls all year round, mostly in December, with May being its driest month.
The off-peak season is likely to be the cheapest time of the year to visit Billund. The weather is warmest from June to September which is the busy time of the year, with the hottest months of June to August likely to offer the most expensive hotel and airfare rates.
Getting around Billund
Getting around Billund in the summer is made easier with a free city shuttle taking visitors to all attractions. Billund is connected to other cities by a public transportation network including buses and the local rail service which connects the city to Copenhagen.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Billund
USA departure airports for flights to Billund
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Billund
Interesting information about Billund
More useful information about Billund
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.