Flights from New York (NYC) to Atlanta (ATL)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from New York to Atlanta across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
We've found some great deals to other destinations in Georgia As you had searched for Atlanta, we thought you might be interested in these other destinations...
Travel information for New York to Atlanta
- White Plains (HPN) is only 28.8 miles from New York
- Islip (ISP) is only 47.5 miles from New York
- Trenton (TTN) is only 51.9 miles from New York
How much do things cost in Atlanta and New York?
Additional useful information for Atlanta
Atlanta attracts New Yorkers with promises of peaches and hip hop. Located in Georgia, the city has served as stomping grounds for artists such as Ludacris, Outkast, Gucci Mane and Lil Jon. Considered by many to be the capital of the New South, Atlanta is home to some of the world's largest companies, including Coca-Cola. Nicknamed the ATL after its airport - the busiest in the world - Atlanta takes a relaxed but cosmopolitan attitude to life, from inventive interpretations of Southern comfort food to the colorful public murals that dot the urban landscape.
How long is the flight from New York City to Atlanta?
Nonstop flights from New York City to Atlanta take about two and half hours. For flights with a stopover, expect to tack on at least an hour and a half.
Which airlines operate flights from New York City to Atlanta?
Airlines that offer nonstop flights from New York City to Atlanta include American Airlines, Delta, Southwest and Frontier. United Airlines, jetBlue and Spirit provide flights with a stopover.
How frequent are flights between New York City and Atlanta?
Nearly a hundred flights depart daily from New York City to Atlanta, giving you plenty of options for scheduling. On a given day, roughly half of flights are nonstop.
Which airports serve New York City to Atlanta?
New York is served by two major airports: the LaGuardia Airport and the John F. Kennedy International Airport, often referred to as JFK or Kennedy. New Yorkers may also choose to fly out of the Newark Liberty International Airport in neighboring New Jersey. Flights to Atlanta land at the Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
Which direct flight route between New York City and Atlanta is cheapest?
Frontier operates the cheapest direct flight between New York City and Atlanta, with flights departing daily from the LaGuardia Airport. You can also find good deals flying direct on Delta out of the John F. Kennedy International Airport.
New York's vertical landscape and packed subway may feel very different from sprawling, car-centric Atlanta, but visitors find that the two cities share much in common. Like New York City, Atlanta boasts a large entertainment industry, serving as filming locations for "Forest Gump" and "The Hunger Games" series. Both cities are meccas for the LGBT community and love a good micro-brew. Whereas New Yorkers get a secret thrill seeing their city in apocalypse movies, Atlantans go all in on zombies. The city hosts zombie festivals, zombie runs and zombie parades, as well as serving as the filming location for the TV show "The Walking Dead".
Find flights fast using our smart search engine. With an average of four flights leaving New York every hour for Atlanta, we make it easy to get the cheapest price.
Other user searches
Facts and figures about flying from New York to Atlanta
- The largest plane flying between New York and Atlanta is the Boeing 757 Mixed
- If you’re flying between New York and Atlanta you will most likely travel with a Boeing 737-700
- Diversions are not expected on flights between New York and Atlanta
- The average delay between New York and Atlanta is 1 hr 11 mins
- Flights from New York to Atlanta have 1560 passenger seats available each day
- For flights between New York and Atlanta, the typical cancellation rate is 3.3 percent
- The smallest aircraft for flights between New York and Atlanta is an Embraer ERJ 135/ERJ 140/ERJ 145
- The most popular connection between New York and Atlanta is Charlotte/Douglas International
- Between New York and Atlanta Delta Air Lines, Inc. operates 230 flights per week