Cheap flights to Aalborg, Denmark
When is the best time to fly to Aalborg?
Aalborg is in a rather cold region, with the harshest weather falling on the city between December and February. Visitors who take flights to Aalborg during this time should prepare for temperatures which can drop to around -3 degrees Celsius.
April through June brings more favourable weather, though temperatures can remain chilly. Although there is plenty to do in the city year-round, these months offer the most activities for visitors, thanks to a seemingly constant schedule of concerts, festivals and other events. June through August is an ideal time to visit Aalborg, when the climate is at its best and temperatures can reach the low 20s. Tourists can find festivities, fun and music during these months.
Budget-conscious travellers looking for deals and discounts should visit during the months of March, September and October. These shoulder season months offer the best of tolerable weather and visitors are more likely to find cheap flights to Aalborg and budget-friendly hotel rates.
The fourth most populous city of Denmark, Aalborg is best known for its historic buildings and Viking establishments. Due to its rich and ancient history, the city is also home to a wealth of great museums. One of the most popular is the Aalborg Historical Museum, which displays various artefacts and pieces from Denmark’s history. Other notable museums include the Lindholm Hoje Museum and the Kunsten Museum of Art. Theatres, operas, museums and modern art also attract a steady stream of visitors to Aalborg.
Lined with restaurants, cafes and bars, Virgin Anne’s Street is likely the most popular street in all of Aalborg. At night, the street attracts tourists even more with a lively scene filled with nightclubs, bars and discos.
Visitors enjoy scoping out the architecture of the Old City Hall. The yellow-faced building with its white pillars and black tiled roof is one of the most visited buildings in the city. Similarly, Aalborghus Castle and Jorgen Olufsen’s House are always must-sees for those taking a flight to Aalborg.
History buffs enjoy visiting Lindholm Hoje, perhaps the most visited place in Aalborg. Set on a hill overlooking the city, Lindholm Hoje is home to Viking burial grounds and Iron Age settlements.
Getting around Aalborg
Aalborg is a pedestrian-friendly city, especially if your travels will be focused on the city centre. Bicycles are also available to rent around the city and make it easy to explore the city. A local bus service also lets visitors travel between neighbourhoods and zones for an affordable rate. Taxis are available in the city but are considered expensive; walk, bike or take a bus when possible.
Getting from the Airport to the City
Visitors who take flights to Aalborg Airport (AAL) will find the city located less than 4 miles (6 km) away. Taxis are available outside the airport terminal and can take visitors directly into the city or to a nearby railway station that connects to Aalborg. The airport is also easily accessible by various public buses that run between the city and the airport.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Aalborg
USA departure airports for flights to Aalborg
Interesting information about Aalborg
More useful information about Aalborg
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.