Flights from Chicago (CHI) to Mexico City (MEX)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from Chicago to Mexico City across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
Travel information for Chicago to Mexico City
How much do things cost in Mexico City and Chicago?
Additional useful information for Mexico City
For an authentic look at Mexico's history and culture, there's no better destination than Mexico City. Famous Mexican artists Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera once lived in the Coyoacan neighborhood, and there are multiple museums showcasing their artwork there. The massive Chapultepec Castle, a sacred site of the Aztecs, is a site to behold from both the inside and outside. If you don't mind driving, some of the most famous Aztec pyramids are just over two hours from the city. There are plenty of direct daily flights to take you from Chicago to Mexico City in around four hours.
How long is the flight from Chicago to Mexico City?
On a direct flight from Chicago to Mexico City, you're looking at a flight time of about four hours. Flights with stops often take much longer, and you're better off shopping for tickets early to get a cheap direct flight.
Which airlines operate flights from Chicago to Mexico City?
Airlines that operate direct flights from Chicago to Mexico City are Aeromexico, Interjet, United and Volaris. There are also indirect flights available through several other airlines.
How frequent are flights between Chicago and Mexico City?
Mexico City is among the most popular international destinations from Chicago, and there are quite a few flights available. Every day you can find dozens of direct and indirect flights between the two cities.
Which airports serve Chicago and Mexico City?
Chicago has two international airports, O'Hare and Midway. O'Hare is the city's primary airport and has far more flights available. Mexico City International Airport serves Mexico City and is the busiest airport in the country.
Which direct flight route between Chicago and Mexico City is cheapest?
The only direct flight route between Chicago and Mexico City is O'Hare to Mexico City International Airport. That's usually the best route to take so you can get a nonstop flight, and if you book your tickets far enough in advance, you can still get a bargain.
Street food may be popular in Chicago, but nowhere compares to Mexico City in that regard. There's inexpensive and delicious Mexican food available on almost every corner, just make sure you let the vendor know if you don't want it too spicy. The city is full of impressive museums, and if you're looking for an exciting live show, check out Mexican wrestling, known as Lucha libre, at Arena Mexico. The train is an affordable, convenient way to get around Mexico City, although it gets busy during rush hour. Taxis aren't the best, and it's better to use a rideshare service.
Plan a trip to Mexico City and get a taste of the city's exciting culture. Use our smart search engine to pull up all the cheap flights from Chicago to Mexico City.
Other user searches
Facts and figures about flying from Chicago to Mexico City
- Every week Aerovias de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. has 56 flights from Chicago to Mexico City
- On average all flights between Chicago and Mexico City offer a total of 685 seats per day
- Flights from Chicago to Mexico City typically have a delay of 45 mins
- Between Chicago and Mexico City, the delay rate is 12.2%
- On average, flights from Chicago to Mexico City are cancelled 0.8% of the time
- There’s not much chance of diversions on flights between Chicago and Mexico City
- The Boeing 737-700 is the most popular aircraft used for flights between Chicago and Mexico City
Popular routes to Mexico City
- Cheap New York to Mexico City flights
- Flights to Mexico City from Los Angeles
- Mexico City from Tijuana flights
- Flights Mexico City from Houston
- Flights from Miami to Mexico City
- Cheap Atlanta to Mexico City flights
- Cheap flights to Mexico City from San Francisco
- Phoenix to Mexico City
- Cheap flights from Dallas to Mexico City