Cheap flights to Malpensa (MXP)
Milan Malpensa Airport (MXP), previously known as Aeroporto Citta diBusto Arsizio, is the largest of Milan’s three airports. With more than 100 airlines serving the airport, it’s Europe’s 21st busiest airport, having handled almost 19 million passengers in 2010. Flights to Milan Malpensa Airport arrive from main hubs in Europe, the UK, Asia, the US, Middle East and the Mediterranean.
Milan Malpensa constitutes two tired-looking passenger terminal buildings that are considerably far from one another. Fortunately, however, a shuttle service runs between them every 20 minutes, 24 hours a day. A new runway is currently underway, although flights are running to normal schedules. Construction of the new car park, by contrast, is restricting access to only a few public transport vehicles. As such, private vehicle owners are advised to park in P3 and the multi-story car parks until further notice.
Although a fairly old airport, Milan Malpensa is efficient and staff are generally helpful and friendly. Queues usually flow easily and baggage handling systems are quick. Perhaps one major downside, is the airport’s lack of airbridges, which results in delays and long waiting times between gates and boarding.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Malpensa
USA departure airports for flights to Malpensa
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Malpensa
- New York (NYC)
- Miami (MIA)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Newark (EWR)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Boston (BOS)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Durham (RDU)
- Portland (PDX)
- Houston (IAH)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Norfolk (ORF)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Austin (AUS)
- Washington (WAS)
- Orlando (MCO)
- St Louis (STL)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Jacksonville (JAX)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Omaha (OMA)
- Nashville (BNA)
Useful information about Malpensa
More useful information about Malpensa
- Book a one way flight to Italy and immerse yourself in the works of Raphael, Michelangelo, and da Vinci.
- Bologna is a beautiful city with a medieval center, old brick palaces, and porticoed streets.
- In Italy, the mountain ski season is December through April.
- Travelers take direct flights to Italy to ski the snow-capped mountain tops of the Dolomites.
- The slow travel season for Italy usually runs from November to mid-December.
- The entire country has the same coastal temperatures all year round except for the higher elevations.
- A last minute flight to Italy will get you to Venice in time for Carnival that takes place every February.
- Italy has set the groundwork for many of today’s literature, theater, art, and cuisine.
- Your best bet to see some of Italy's beautiful vineyards is to take an organized tour.
- Serious shoppers take flights to Italy to purchase some of the country's famed fashion.