Cheap flights to Latvia
Latvia is fast becoming one of Europe’s hottest tourist destinations. Thanks to its ideal location along the Baltic Sea, an abundance of nature parks, forests, lakes and wilderness lure travelers to book flights to Latvia every year. This small country is also packed with history. Flanked by fabulous architectural landscapes and boasting a rowdy nightlife and pub scene, Latvia has something for every traveler. Whether your interests lie in the medieval towns, ancient museums and monuments, and grand palaces or in the middle of a bustling city center, you’ll be glad you booked a flight to Latvia.
While you’re there, make sure to find out when the devil visits again. Legend has it that once every 100 years the devil rises from the River Daugava and asks whether Riga, the capital of Latvia, is ready to succumb to the undersea world. Book a flight to Latvia now before the country disappears all together…
Latvia has very cold winters between December and March, when the average temperature drops to 24 F. Summers average a considerably more comfortable 61 F, while fall and spring are about 10 degrees cooler.
Best Time to Fly to Latvia
Whether you’re looking for a snow-filled winter holiday or a relaxing spring retreat in the sun, there’s no wrong time to book your flight to Latvia.
Peak Season: Latvia experiences its hottest weather and long daylight hours during the summer months. Latvia’s cultural calendar is also packed during the summer months, and the increase in Latvian tourism brought about by Latvia’s summer festivals and the celebration of Latvian Independence day make domestic Latvia flights tricky to book during this time as well.
Off-peak Season: Cheap flights to Latvia are plentiful between the months of December and March, when visitors shy away from the winter chill. The ample snowfalls make for charming winter scenes in Riga and the Latvian countryside, and Gauja National Park is particularly stunning with its frosted pine trees and snow-covered forests.
Getting around Latvia
After your cheap flight to Latvia lands, the best way to get around the country is by train. Latvia’s far-reaching rail network connects all major Latvian cities with other points in Northern and Central Europe. Busses are also a popular, affordable alternative to Latvia flights if you’re traveling from other points in Europe or within Latvia, and ferries arrive in the Riga from ports in Germany and Sweden.The following chart gives approximate journey times fromRiga
(in hours and minutes) to other major cities and towns in Latvia.
Latvia Travel Information
- There’s never been a better time to look for cheap flights to Latvia: The Baltic country, which is desperately trying to shed its image as a former Soviet country, has seen a youthful resurgence in the social scenes of its bigger cities. Riga, the bustling capital where most Latvia flights land, is home to the Central Market (one of the best and oldest markets in Europe). Spend a few hours moseying through the market’s colorful stalls of over 1,250 vendors before hitting Riga’s Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site peppered with medieval buildings and stunning churches.
- Looking to catch some rays after your flight to Latvia? Head out of Riga for a few days and spend some time on the sandy shores of Jurmala. This beach resort, located on the Baltic Sea, was a favorite for high-ranking Soviet officials: Today the pristine stretches of white sand are ideal for families looking to enjoy the sun and sand in Latvia, as the waters are shallow and free of strong currents and waves.
- Photographers are booking flights to Latvia not only to snap memorable photographs of the country’s mountainous terrain and vibrant city life but to pay homage to their craft: Latvia is home to the world’s first miniature camera, the VEF Minox, which was invented in Riga in 1936.
- Nature buffs looking to enjoy the Baltic great outdoors will love Gauja National Park, which was founded in 1973 and is located between the historic towns of Siguida and Cesis. Stretch your legs after your flight to Latvia in Gauja: The park is home to a plethora of well-kept biking and hiking trails, as well as ample opportunities to canoe on the Gauja River.
- If you’re longing for a quiet retreat before your return Latvia flight, head to Cape Kolka on the Gulf of Riga. The dissolution of the Soviet reserves in the area allowed for the settling of civilians on Cape Kolka, but the villages in the region remain eerie and sparsely populated. The gorgeous stretches of untouched beach flanked by majestic pine forests are breathtaking to behold and worth the lack of activities and social outlets you’d find at most beach resorts, making Cape Kolka an excellent, quiet way to wrap up any Latvia trip.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Latvia
USA departure airports for flights to Latvia
Select your preferred destination from the list below
More useful information about Latvia
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.
Other user searches
- Cheap New York to Los Angeles flights
- Las Vegas to Fort Lauderdale
- Cheap flights to London
- Cuba airport
- Flights from Phoenix to Costa Rica
- Flights to Baton Rouge from Jacksonville
- St Augustine to Paros
- Flights to Grand Bahama from Richmond
- Cheap flights to Germany
- Baltimore to Puerto Vallarta cheap flights