Cheap flights to Buffalo, New York State (NY)
Located on the Canadian border and only a few hours drive from New York City, Buffalo is one of the most passed-through destinations in the U.S. But visitors booking flights to Buffalo are on to something: this city is a great gateway to the surrounding sites at a cheaper cost. Book a cheap flight to Buffalo and take advantage of all the city has to offer. From Niagara Falls to the world-famous wings, there's plenty for travelers to do in Buffalo.
Buffalo's scenery is one of its best features. New York's second-largest city is flanked with gorgeous mountains, rivers and canals that seem endless. Buffalo's proximity to the Great Lakes, Erie Canal and Niagara Falls make it a scenic dream for some nature-lovers. While you're here, take in some of Buffalo's culture and history. Stand at the site of one of the Civil War's Underground Railroads located in Buffalo, enjoy some football from the local colleges or NFL's Buffalo Bills, and get your hands on some greasy grub with a basket of the famous wings.
Buffalo sees a lot of snow, mainly because of its location on the Great Lakes. Winter temperatures are low, with highs only about 21 degrees Fahrenheit in January. Temperatures climb in spring and can hit 50 degrees Fahrenheit and by July, summer temperatures average into the 90 degrees Fahrenheit range.
Best Time to Fly to Buffalo
Snow enthusiasts will book Buffalo flights and ski accommodations during the winter months when snow is at its peak and the mountains are covered in soft snow powder. Buffalo flights are usually pricier during this time of year because of school breaks and family vacations.
Spring and summer are the off-season in Buffalo, except for those travelers looking for a cheap flights to Buffalo for a quick escape to the Niagara Falls area.
Getting around Buffalo
Bring your walking shoes to get around in Burlington. It’s the best way to soak up the local beauty. You can also rent a bike and enjoy the scenery along the Waterfront Bike Path. The city is pedestrian-friendly and easy to figure out. You can rent a car at rental companies in Burlington or at the airport, but traffic will be heavy during rush hour. Catch the public bus, run by the Chittenden County Transportation Authority, at the main terminal, located at Church and Cherry streets. The buses are cheap and reliable.
Buffalo Travel Information
- The famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright made his mark in Buffalo with six of his 'Prairie School' buildings still in existence. The buildings, commissioned by industrialist Darwin D. Martin, were designed by Wright and feature gardens, a conservatories and architecture that will amaze first-time visitors. The 1904 Darwin Martin House can be viewed by appointment.
- Buffalo holds a place in Civil War history as one of the participants in the Underground Railroad. Tour the railroad route, including a historic church in downtown Buffalo. Take a trip to Niagara Falls and view the Whirlpool Bridge, known as "Freedom Crossing," which led many former slaves to freedom.
- Buffalo is a college town so it's no wonder Friday and Saturday nights are hopping in the downtown district. The Chippawa Strip in downtown is filled with bars and nightclubs that remain open until 4:00am.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Buffalo
USA departure airports for flights to Buffalo
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Buffalo
- New York (NYC)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Houston (IAH)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Boston (BOS)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Miami (MIA)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Denver (DEN)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Newark (EWR)
- Washington (WAS)
- San Juan (SJU)
- Jacksonville (JAX)
- Nashville (BNA)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Austin (AUS)
- Memphis (MEM)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- West Palm Beach (PBI)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
This is useful information about Buffalo
More useful information about Buffalo
- Plan your trip accordingly as temperatures in Buffalo average near freezing from December to March.
- Buffalo, New York is on lake Erie, the fourth largest of the five great lakes.
- You can get a direct flight to buffalo from 8 major airlines covering 20 departure points.
- If you need a last minute flight to Buffalo 3 low cost airlines fly there: JetBlue, Southwest and AirTran.
- To visit Niagara Falls book a one way flight to Buffalo then hop a bus or rent a car the rest of the way.
- Buffalo's two national sports teams the Bills (football) and Sabres (hockey) play in the winter months.
- Stop in at the Anchor Bar to try one of Buffalo's most famous foods, the Original Buffalo Wing.
- The largest airport serving Buffalo is Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BNIA)