Cheap flights to Miami International (MIA)
Situated eight miles (13km) north-west of downtown Miami, Miami International Airport (MIA) is South Florida’s main airport. Due to a vast number of tourist attractions and sizable local populations, it’s one of the largest hubs in the US and acts as the country's main gateway to Latin America. Having served just fewer than 36 million passengers in 2010, the airport is the 28th busiest in the world, with flights to Miami International Airport coming in from most continents.
Unfortunately, though, the airport has a reputation for being slow and disorganized, especially when it comes to luggage procedures. Passengers in transit often miss flights as they are required to clear immigration before collecting their baggage, after which they must then transfer it to their connecting flight. Moreover, it’s common practice for staff to remove bags from carousels and place them on the floor, leaving passengers to crowd around heaps of luggage and compete for a chance to locate theirs. Signage is lacking and unclear, and many airport personnel speak Spanish only.
However, MIA has a wide variety of eateries, bars and retail outlets to keep layover passengers amused. Musical performers also provide entertainment throughout the airport’s public spaces and numerous wall paintings add color and vibrancy to the interior of the terminal building.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Miami International
USA departure airports for flights to Miami International
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Miami International
- New York (NYC)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Newark (EWR)
- Washington (WAS)
- Cincinnati (CVG)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- New Orleans (MSY)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Norfolk (ORF)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Milwaukee (MKE)
- Richmond (RIC)
- Port-au-Prince (PAP)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Louisville (SDF)
- McAllen (MFE)
- Boston (BOS)
- St Louis (STL)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Houston (IAH)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Savannah (SAV)
- Hartford (BDL)
- Newport News (PHF)
- Memphis (MEM)
- San Juan (SJU)
- Mexico City (MEX)
- Islip (ISP)
This is useful information about Miami International
More useful information about Miami International
- Florida is great for many outdoor activities including kayaking. Take a trip down the Peace River.
- With nine major airports to choose from, direct flights to Florida are easy to find.
- Fly to the Sunshine State for escape the bleakness of winter.
- Since Florida has over 1,000 courses to choose from and is a popular destination for golf vacations.
- Many Floridian metro areas offer upscale shopping and provide access to major cruise lines.
- Get a last minute flight to Florida to catch spring training baseball games.
- Beyond the theme parks, Florida has many different family vacation options with many resorts catering to children.
- For a beach vacation, Florida has many options with 1200 miles of coastline.
- During the off season (typically summer), you can get the most inexpensive one way flight to Florida.
- If the beach isn't your thing, take a hike around the state's largest lake: Lake Okeechobee.