Cheap flights to Baltimore, Maryland (MD)
Best Time to Fly to Baltimore
Spring and summer are the busiest seasons and when most people book Baltimore flights and hotel rooms. One of the very busiest times is in mid to late May, when the city is full of horseracing fans attending the Preakness, the second race in the Triple Crown. In summer, there are many waterfront and neighborhood festivals.
Fall can be a bargain time to take a cheap flight to Baltimore and find discounted hotel rates.
Visitors frequently book flights to Baltimore to visit the National Aquarium, the Baltimore Maritime Museum, and the Pride of Baltimore II. But there’s more to see and do in this city than just hang out on the bay. Book trips to Baltimore for a look back at our nation’s history and an exploration into some of the finest educational institutions in America.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital, one of nation's top research hospitals, and the Johns Hopkins Hospital and University are two of the most revered medical institutions nation-wide. Take a walk through Baltimore neighborhoods like Fells Point, which is filled with cobblestone streets and historical buildings that date back to the 18th century. Mount Vernon is home to Baltimore’s Washington Monument and tourists can relax a while in Mount Vernon Park. Frances Scott Keyes penned “The Star Spangled Banner” during the Battle of Baltimore at Fort McHenry in 1814. Within walking distance from the sight of our nation’s famous lyrics, travelers can visit the home of Mary Pickersgill, who sewed the famous flag.
Baltimore may have its historical references, but true sports fans will book flights to Baltimore during baseball season to visit Camden Yards, home of the Baltimore Orioles. Baltimore is also the birthplace of baseball great Babe Ruth. The city’s food is pretty legendary, too. Travelers to Baltimore would be remiss if they boarded Baltimore flights back home without tasting one of Baltimore’s savory crab cakes.
Spring and fall have the most pleasant weather, with temperatures in the 50s to 60s (Fahrenheit). Summers are hot (80s and 90s) and very humid. Winter temperatures rarely drop below 30, though Baltimore does occasionally get snow.
Getting around Baltimore
If you’re sticking to the harbor during your Baltimore trip, you’ll be able to get around by walking or water taxi. To get north from Inner Harbor, it’s recommended that you take a taxi. Downtown has limited bus and rail service, but the service in the suburbs is excellent. If you want to rent a car, all the major rental companies are located at the airport, with one shuttle servicing them all. Driving around town is pretty easy, since Baltimore is laid out on a grid with alternating one-way streets. Traffic is usually heavy, even when it’s not rush hour, and parking is expensive and limited. Make sure you watch out for tow zones during rush hour and red-light cameras at intersections.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Baltimore
USA departure airports for flights to Baltimore
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Baltimore
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Houston (IAH)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Boston (BOS)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- New York (NYC)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Miami (MIA)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Denver (DEN)
- San Juan (SJU)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Jacksonville (JAX)
- San Antonio (SAT)
- Memphis (MEM)
- Nashville (BNA)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- St Louis (STL)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Austin (AUS)
- Cleveland (CLE)
This is useful information about Baltimore
More useful information about Baltimore
- There’s no escaping the waterfront in Baltimore, so be sure to visit Harborplace.
- Sports buffs should book direct flights to Baltimore to catch a game at Camden Yards.
- Book a last-minute flight to Baltimore and see Mount Vernon, the nearby Washington Monument, and Fort McHenry.
- Travelers of the MTV generation should go to Geppi’s Entertainment Museum, where all things pop culture are glorified.
- Check out Fell’s Point to stroll around cobblestone streets and buildings that date back to the 18th century.
- Other notable places in Baltimore include the prestigious Johns Hopkins University and the historic Maritime Museum.
- Artists and literary buffs will love the Contemporary Museum and the Edgar Allan Poe House.
- If crab cakes are your specialty, stay here indefinitely. Book a one-way flight to Baltimore to get your fill.
Other user searches
- Flights to Haugesund from Portland Intl Jetport
- Florida flights
- Manila flights
- Flights to Amsterdam from Los Angeles
- Cheap flights from New Bern to Aguascalientes
- Cheap flights to Corpus Christi International from Iliamna
- Brookings State to Stuttgart
- Scotland flight
- New York to Charlotte
- Cheap flights to New York