Cheap flights to Tallahassee Regional (TLH)
Tallahassee is Florida's state capital, and this vibrant, friendly city has much to appeal to travelers of all ages. Located on Florida's northern panhandle, the island city is home to Florida State University and Florida A&M University, and its high student population ensures a varied programme of events throughout the year. Whether you're an outdoor activities enthusiast or a fan of history and culture, you'll discover plenty to keep you occupied in Tallahassee.
The Arts and Culture Walk in the downtown area is a must for culture fans, and the 3 mile route features over 30 installations and artworks. See leaping dolphins, memorials to the city's earliest inhabitants and a memorable beach ball as you explore it at your leisure.
The Old State Capital museum or Florida Historic Capitol Museum are crucial attractions for those interested in the history of the city, and exhibits include documents, photos and recordings that chart the state's unique history. The Tallahassee Museum offers a deeper insight into the town's antebellum past and the Civil Rights movement and is also well worth a visit.
Kids will love the skate park, and this state of the art 26,000 square foot space near James Messer Fields is well designed and offers a challenge to skaters of all levels. It's open daily from first light till midnight.
Be sure to visit Lake Ella, which is located in Fred Drake Park. This scenic lake is beautiful and park facilities include shops and cafes, as well as a paved walking trail that goes all the way round the lake. Outdoor activities are available in Maclay Park, where you can try horse riding, kayaking, fishing and cycling in the magnificent gardens that surround the winter residence of former citizen, Alfred B. Maclay and his wife. The house is also open to the public and features an interpretive museum, while the gardens are noted for their exceptional camellias and magnolias.
There is something for everyone in Tallahassee and excellent shopping, fine dining and an eclectic range of nightlife and entertainment ensures that all tastes are well catered for.
Best Time to Fly to Tallahassee
The summer months of May till September are peak season in the city, and the warm, sunny weather and a great selection of seasonal events mean that it can be busy. Visit in early September if you'd like to see the Colour Run, a famous charity race which attracts thousands of spectators and where participants are coated in brightly coloured dyes. Winter can be cool in this part of Florida, thanks to its Northern Panhandle location so bring warm clothing if you're visiting during low season from November till March. Shoulder season months of March and April and October and November are often pleasant times to visit.
The cheapest time to plan a trip to the city is from November till February, with the exception of the Christmas and New Year period. You can also find good deals on flights from March till May and October to November, but the summer months of May to September tend to be more expensive.
Getting around Tallahassee
The city has good public transport in the form of regular bus services, but they tend to stop fairly early in the evening. There are plenty of taxis available and they charge a set fare for local journeys. It's also easy to walk to most central parts of the city and streets are safe and well-lit.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Tallahassee Regional
USA departure airports for flights to Tallahassee Regional
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Tallahassee Regional
- Detroit (DTT)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- New York (NYC)
- Miami (MIA)
- Washington (WAS)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Memphis (MEM)
- Syracuse (SYR)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Little Rock (LIT)
- Denver (DEN)
- Dayton (DAY)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Houston (IAH)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Ontario (ONT)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Shreveport (SHV)
- Manchester (MHT)
- Albany (ALB)
- Buffalo (BUF)
- Rochester (ROC)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Des Moines (DSM)
- Santa Ana (SNA)
- Austin (AUS)
- Boston (BOS)
- Richmond (RIC)
This is useful information about Tallahassee Regional
More useful information about Tallahassee Regional
- Florida is great for many outdoor activities including kayaking. Take a trip down the Peace River.
- With nine major airports to choose from, direct flights to Florida are easy to find.
- Fly to the Sunshine State for escape the bleakness of winter.
- Since Florida has over 1,000 courses to choose from and is a popular destination for golf vacations.
- Many Floridian metro areas offer upscale shopping and provide access to major cruise lines.
- Get a last minute flight to Florida to catch spring training baseball games.
- Beyond the theme parks, Florida has many different family vacation options with many resorts catering to children.
- For a beach vacation, Florida has many options with 1200 miles of coastline.
- During the off season (typically summer), you can get the most inexpensive one way flight to Florida.
- If the beach isn't your thing, take a hike around the state's largest lake: Lake Okeechobee.
Other user searches
- Flights from Pittsburgh to Oklahoma City
- Flights to Denver
- Minneapolis to Paris cheap flights
- Boston to Sacramento
- Flights from Bozeman to Leonardo da Vinci/Fiumicino
- Orlando to Los Angeles International flights
- Tickets to Berlin
- Cheapest flights to Las Vegas
- Cheapest flights to Niagara Falls
- Boston to El Paso