Cheap flights to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (PA)
Empowered by immigrants who worked the steel mills for years, travelers booking flights to Pittsburgh today will be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn’t have steel roots. Most of the steeled-milled skyline has been replaced with Pittsburgh’s contemporary art museums and sculptures, glass buildings, and natural beauty.
Flights to Pittsburgh are packed with business travelers heading to corporate meetings and students heading back for final exams, but for the traveler, Pittsburgh offer more than boardrooms and class lectures. It’s one of the most water-filled cities in America, thanks to its location along the Ohio, Allegheny and Monongahela rivers and it’s not surprising that Pittsburgh is home to more bridges than any other city in America. Outdoors enthusiasts booking cheap flights to Pittsburgh enjoy hiking in the Allegheny Mountains, while city-goers will revel in Pittsburgh’s famed shopping district. If you’re in the mood for a little adrenaline rush, head to Pittsburgh’s amusement park where you’ll find the fastest track roller-coaster in the United States.
Pittsburgh winters are not usually extreme, temperatures staying a few degrees above freezing. In spring things warm up quickly and summers are hot and sunny, with fairly low humidity.
Getting around Pittsburgh
It’s easy to walk around downtown Pittsburgh, with its many parks and plazas strategically placed between office buildings and shopping streets. To get farther out from the center of town, hop on the T, Pittsburgh’s light rail. The T may be small, but it’s clean and reliable. The T has four lines, including service to the suburbs, and the bus system has multiple routes to get you from downtown to the north side attractions and neighborhoods. Whatever method you take, you won’t have to spend much money. Buses are free from 4am to 7pm or in the Business District’s Free Fare Zone. For a great view of the city, you can take the historic Duquesne and Monongahela Incline cars up Mount Washington. If you want to grab a taxi, you’ll need to call ahead or pick one up at a taxi stand.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Pittsburgh
USA departure airports for flights to Pittsburgh
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Pittsburgh
- New York (NYC)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Houston (IAH)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Boston (BOS)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Denver (DEN)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Seattle (SEA)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- St Louis (STL)
- Austin (AUS)
- New Orleans (MSY)
- Nashville (BNA)
- Newark (EWR)
- West Palm Beach (PBI)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Memphis (MEM)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Miami (MIA)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- Cincinnati (CVG)
Interesting information about Pittsburgh
More useful information about Pittsburgh
- PNC park hosts Pirates games and provides most attendees views of the Allegheny River.
- The Mattress Factory is an art museum that presents large installations by in house artists.
- The Strip District is a landmark neighborhood for nightlife and great restaurants.
- The Andy Warhol Museum is located on Sandusky Street and features his art, and information on the artist's life.
- Take a last-minute flight to Pittsburgh and see a Steelers game at Heinz Field.
- Your one-way flight to Pittsburgh will have you touch down at the Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT).
- Deals on direct flights to Pittsburgh can be found when you are flexible with your dates.
- The Carnegie Museums offer a learning experience in art and science for the whole family.