Cheap flights to Alberta (AB), Canada
Thanks to its location in the Rocky Mountain region, Alberta is one of the most traveled-to destinations in Canada. Flights to Alberta are packed with tourists seeking to explore the various alpine attractions, lush forest land, abundant lakes and rivers and a trek through the Rockies. Frequent Alberta travelers will tell you that the best reason to book flights to Alberta is for a taste of the true wilderness.
Alberta’s capital city, Edmonton, is growing and fast becoming the metropolis of the Canadian province. But even Edmonton retains its wilderness roots thanks to the vast parkland that extends throughout the city. Hosting 14 national reserves and educational attractions featuring the world’s largest teepee to native crafts and designs, Alberta is a Mecca of native culture so it’s no surprise the natural beauty of Alberta is revered and world-renowned. Home to five of Canada’s 13 UNESCO World Heritage sites (including Wood Buffalo National Park, Canada's largest national park and the second largest in the world) Alberta is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts.
The best time to book flights to Alberta is during the summer months, when the days are warm and the evenings are cool. Canadian winters are cold with heavy snowfalls, particularly in the Rockies.
Best Time to Fly to Alberta
Alberta features some of Canada's most famous and breathtaking scenery, so your travel preferences will dictate the best time to book flights to Alberta.
Mid-summer is generally the busiest time to visit Alberta; school is out, families are on vacation and the outdoor activities are endless. Most US travelers book Alberta flights to Banff for a central location to all the provinces' sites, but planning is essential. Banff fills up quickly during the summer months so booking flights and lodging in advance is necessary.
The Rocky Mountains play a large part to Alberta's natural scenery, and offer amazing ski options for winter travelers. However, heavy snowfall is common in the region and parts of the mountain areas shut down, so travelers seeking cheap flights to Alberta during the winter months need to plan ahead.
Getting around Alberta
Driving through Alberta is the easiest way to get around, but don't forget your map. If you're traveling in the mountains, bring extra blankets, warm clothes and check for spare tires before you hit the road. Always call ahead and check on weather conditions in the area you're destined to go.
Flights from Alberta to other Canadian provinces are available from Calgary International Airport.
Alberta Travel Information
- Explore the heart of Alberta's mountain regions in Banff or Jasper national parks. Rentals for campsites, outfitters and trekking are available in Banff, Jasper, or Lake Louise. There are plenty of options for getting around Alberta if you don't want to walk. Hop on a horse and take an afternoon trail ride. Gondolas are located in Jasper, Banff, and Lake Louise to take travelers to the mountaintops. Scenic cruises on Lake Minnewanka and Maligne Lake offer a great sightseeing experience without the work of a whitewater-rafting trip.
- If you book flights to Alberta in the winter, make sure to stop in Banff for the annual Banff Winter Festival. Usually taking place in Jan.-Feb, the Banff Winter Festival is nine days of winter extravaganzas featuring ice sculptures, ski races and more.
- There is no shortage of winter fun in Alberta. Head to Lake Louise for Ice Magic, the annual international ice sculpture competition and exhibition held in Banff National Park.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Alberta
USA departure airports for flights to Alberta
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Alberta
- New York (NYC)
- Houston (IAH)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Dallas (DFW)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Boston (BOS)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Newark (EWR)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- New Orleans (MSY)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Portland (PDX)
- Cincinnati (CVG)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Austin (AUS)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Jacksonville (JAX)
- Miami (MIA)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- St Louis (STL)
- Columbus (CMH)
- Hartford (BDL)
Select your preferred destination from the list below
More useful information about Alberta
- The eastern provinces of Canada include Quebec, Ontario, and Nova Scotia.
- When your one way flight to Canada arrives, you’ll be in North America’s largest country by area.
- Western Canada consists of British Columbia and three provinces: Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
- Victoria Day to Labor Day (Late May to Early September) is the best time for outdoor activities.
- For winter sports enthusiasts, November to March offers the best chance of good snow in Canada.
- Possibly the most British of the Canadian cities, Ottawa is a charming cosmopolitan city.
- Some direct flights to Canada land at Lester B Pearson International Airport or Trudeau Airport.
- For last minute flights to Canada, keep in mind that many cities are transformed into winter wonderlands.
Other user searches
- South Bend to Madrid
- Minneapolis to Northwest Florida Regional Airport
- Cheap flights to Key West
- Cheap flights from Shenandoah Valley Regional to Dordogne
- Flights from Phoenix to San Jose Cabo
- Colorado Springs to National/Zaventem
- Dallas to Seoul
- Cheap flights from Philadelphia to Cancun
- Cheap flights from Igor I. Sikorsky Memorial to Centennial
- Telluride ticket