Cheap flights to Savannah/Hilton Head International (SAV)
Before the best-selling book Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil hit bookshelves, Savannah was a quiet little town founded by the Yamacraws, a Native American tribe. Funded by the emergence of cotton in the 1700s, Savannah’s cash crop became a quick feed to the rich. Over time, Savannah grew into one of Georgia’s wealthiest, fortunate and progressive cities.
The impact that Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil and the Academy-Award winning Forrest Gump (also set in Savannah) continue to have on the city is immeasurable. Tourists continue to visit Savannah in hopes of catching a glimpse of Forrest or Lady Chablis.
Flights to Savannah drop visitors in a land of magnolia trees and mint juleps, Spanish moss and stately mansions, and nowhere else in the country will you find a more hospitable city. Savannah is happy to have you.
Savannah enjoys a subtropical climate that makes outdoor activities possible year-round -- it's warm in the summer (between June and August) and cooler in the winter (December to February). Savannah sees 90 degree F heat in the summer months and drops to 40 degrees in the winter. Spring and fall are the longest seasons, and the wettest months are December to April.
Best Time to Fly to Savannah
Spring is between March and May and it is a spectacular time to visit Savannah to watch the trees and flowers bloom. The summer time is hot, but many tourists dare to brave the heat because it's also summer vacation. It's likely travelers will find cheap flights to Savannah and discounted room rates toward the end of summer.
Getting around Savannah
The best way to explore Savannah’s beautiful historic district is on foot. Be careful when you’re walking down to the waterfront though, the paths and steps are somewhat steep. There are tons of walking tours to join and a free shuttle service stops at various places in the historic district. The shuttle also operates the bus service in the city and county, and you can hop aboard the Belles Ferry at River Street to get over to Hutchinson Island for just a few dollars. You can also rent a car, hail a taxi or slow down with a horse and carriage ride.
Savannah Travel Information
- There are many tours that take visitors on "The Book" tour around Savannah. "The Book" is what locals refer to as Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Book a tour and see first-hand the cemetery, the mansion, Lady Chablis's house, and walk down the streets that kept a million secrets. Check out tour companies ahead of time. Some of the tour companies will only do group "book tours" and won't sell individual tickets.
- A must-see in Savannah is the Davenport House. It was built in 1820 and was the first historic home in Savannah to be restored. The antiques in the house are worth the 30 minutes out of your day.
- Savannah's historic district is filled with stories and secrets from the past. Stop by the History Museum for a film and introduction to Savannah's history. If you're a movie buff, have a seat on the replica of the park bench from the movie Forrest Gump.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Savannah/Hilton Head International
USA departure airports for flights to Savannah/Hilton Head International
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Savannah/Hilton Head International
- Seattle (SEA)
- New York (NYC)
- Columbus (CMH)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Lexington (LEX)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Little Rock (LIT)
- Washington (WAS)
- Charleston (CRW)
- Champaign (CMI)
- Miami (MIA)
- Honolulu (HNL)
- Tulsa (TUL)
- Austin (AUS)
- El Paso (ELP)
- Syracuse (SYR)
- Norfolk (ORF)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Tucson (TUS)
Interesting information about Savannah/Hilton Head International
More useful information about Savannah/Hilton Head International
- Whistle "Dixie" when you find a fast direct flight to Georgia.
- Take a last minute flight to Georgia and see what "The Peach State" has to offer.
- With so much going on in Atlanta, a one way flight to Georgia may be a good choice.
Other user searches
- Cheap flights to St Lucia
- Cancun airport information
- India from Morgantown flights
- Flights from Boston to Phoenix
- Flights to Utah from Albany
- Orlando International tickets
- New York to Atlanta flights
- Flights to Ercan from William P. Hobby
- Lake Tahoe to Lafayette flights
- Flights to Rostock from Bellingham International