Cheap flights to Halifax, Canada
When is the best time to fly to Halifax?
Summer, May to August, makes up Halifax’s peak season. Pleasant temperatures, usually in the low teens to low 20s C and festivals, appeal to tourists who flock to the city during this period. It’s best to book flights to Halifax and accommodation in advance to avoid disappointment and get the best deal.
Autumn is another popular time to book a flight to Halifax, as the festival season continues, temperatures drop only slightly (low to high teens C) and visitors can see the beautiful autumn foliage. Although the crowds die down slightly, room rates do not drop significantly.
The least popular time to travel to Halifax is during spring, when the average high temperature is in the single digits C. Although low room rates and cheap flights can be found, the wet climate and slushy terrain is off putting to most. This, however, can be the perfect time for budget-minded travellers to snap up a deal.
November to February marks another quieter period in the city. Temperatures are usually in the single digits C and there is frequent snowfall during the winter season. If you don’t mind wearing warm layers then plan your holiday over this time to take advantage of low accommodation rates. Book a flight during winter to explore Nova Scotia’s ski slopes.
Most travellers visit Halifax to explore the number of Unesco World Heritage Sites in the area. Nearby attractions also include Peggy’s Cove, which claims to be one of the most photographed lighthouses in the world. Finally, don't forget that Nova Scotia is the world's biggest exporter of lobsters so it would be a shame to leave before tucking into the local delicacy.
City life in Halifax flourishes with arts and culture. In October, the Halifax Pop Explosion festival showcases cool independent bands and musicians from Canada and beyond. Year round, you’ll enjoy the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia and Khyber Institute of Contemporary Arts in the city centre. Dive into the region’s rich heritage and visit the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, the Halifax Citadel, Pier 21, and the Museum of Natural History. Beer lovers will get a kick out of touring Alexander Keith’s Nova Scotia Brewery. Halifax offers a whole host of dining options, but you won’t want to miss sampling fresh fish and seafood from the Maritime provinces. At night, unwind at one of the pubs or enjoy concerts and theatres. Feeling lucky? Casino Nova Scotia offers gaming, dining and live entertainment.
Getting around Halifax
Getting from the Airport to the City
Halifax International Airport (YHZ) is the largest airport in Nova Scotia. There are buses and seasonal airport shuttles providing transport to the city. Car rental as well as taxi and limousine services are also available.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Halifax
USA departure airports for flights to Halifax
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Halifax
- New York (NYC)
- Boston (BOS)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Newark (EWR)
- Cincinnati (CVG)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Chicago (CHI)
- St Louis (STL)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Houston (IAH)
- Richmond (RIC)
- Miami (MIA)
- Washington (WAS)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Denver (DEN)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Albany (ALB)
- Columbus (CMH)
- Norfolk (ORF)
- Nashville (BNA)
- Allentown (ABE)
Useful information about Halifax
More useful information about Halifax
- The eastern provinces of Canada include Quebec, Ontario, and Nova Scotia.
- When your one way flight to Canada arrives, you’ll be in North America’s largest country by area.
- Western Canada consists of British Columbia and three provinces: Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
- Victoria Day to Labor Day (Late May to Early September) is the best time for outdoor activities.
- For winter sports enthusiasts, November to March offers the best chance of good snow in Canada.
- Possibly the most British of the Canadian cities, Ottawa is a charming cosmopolitan city.
- Some direct flights to Canada land at Lester B Pearson International Airport or Trudeau Airport.
- For last minute flights to Canada, keep in mind that many cities are transformed into winter wonderlands.
Other user searches
- Alexandria International to Sioux Gateway
- Milwaukee to Barcelona
- Southwest Airlines
- Cheap flights to Hyderabad from Atlanta
- Flights from Myrtle Beach to Pakistan
- Cheap flights from Tampa to San Antonio
- Flights Lebanon to Ontario
- Flights to Los Angeles from Nashville
- Germany airport information
- Flights to Rome from Miami