Cheap flights to Fort St John, Canada
Fort St John is a city located in the province of British Columbia on Canada's western coast. Surrounded by breathtaking open spaces and miles of natural beauty, the city welcomes visitors from far and wide to explore the region's stunning lakes and the Peace River Valley. The beautiful Peace River runs alongside the city of Fort St John, providing much opportunity for outdoor activities in such impressive surroundings. The summer season draws many a fisherman or two to the tributaries of the Peace River, where they can fish for native Walleye or rainbow trout. For keen anglers there is the opportunity to hire a boat out and navigate the waterways in search of the perfect fishing spots - but if fishing is not your thing why not simply cruise along the lakes and take in the spectacular views. Charlie Lake is the ideal place to spot water birds in spring or to enjoy a picnic in one of the two parks situated on the shores there, Charlie Lake Provincial Park and Beatton Provincial Park. Hiking is also a favourite activity amongst those who visit this region. Why not explore the Fort St John Fish Creek Community Forest where you'll find a 3.5 mile-long trail for you to master at your own speed. For those interested in discovering more about the North Peace region and its past, why not pay a visit to the Fort St John North Peace Museum which has exhibitions centerd on its early founding and others that date all the way up to today. Uncover traditional tepees, a historic school room, and ancient fur artifacts.
Best Time to Fly to Fort St John
Visitors to Fort St John will find temperatures at their highest between May and September, with the cold setting in during the winter season of November through to February. Since the region offers a range of activities suited to either climate, it's best to plan your trip here in line with what takes your fancy. The summer months invite visitors to take full advantage of the various lakes and waterways - either by taking a boat out on them, hiking around them or even taking a dip in them! When winter hits this region, switch to cross-country skiing at the Beatton Provincial Park trails or enjoy an exhilarating snowmobile trip through Redfern-Kelly Provincial Park.
Getting around Fort St John
Since the famous Alaska Highway runs straight through the city, you may want to consider renting a car during your stay here to make the most out of the destinations available to you - such as Fort Nelson, Alaska and the Yukon.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Fort St John
Useful information about Fort St John
More useful information about Fort St John
- The eastern provinces of Canada include Quebec, Ontario, and Nova Scotia.
- When your one way flight to Canada arrives, you’ll be in North America’s largest country by area.
- Western Canada consists of British Columbia and three provinces: Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
- Victoria Day to Labor Day (Late May to Early September) is the best time for outdoor activities.
- For winter sports enthusiasts, November to March offers the best chance of good snow in Canada.
- Possibly the most British of the Canadian cities, Ottawa is a charming cosmopolitan city.
- Some direct flights to Canada land at Lester B Pearson International Airport or Trudeau Airport.
- For last minute flights to Canada, keep in mind that many cities are transformed into winter wonderlands.