Flights from Dallas (DFW) to San Diego (SAN)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from Dallas to San Diego across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
We've found some great deals to other destinations in California As you had searched for San Diego, we thought you might be interested in these other destinations...
Travel information for Dallas to San Diego
- Fort Worth (FTW) is only 6.2 miles from Dallas
- Tyler (TYR) is only 85.4 miles from Dallas
- Waco (ACT) is only 85.9 miles from Dallas
How much do things cost in San Diego and Dallas?
Additional useful information for San Diego
Beautiful beaches, whale-watching cruises and a world-class zoo await you in colorful San Diego, a Southern California treasure that's just a short flight from Dallas. Hop on a plane to enjoy non-stop service between the two major travel hubs, with numerous airlines offering flexible flight options to help you plan your perfect San Diego getaway.
How long is the flight from Dallas to San Diego?
A flight from Dallas to San Diego generally lasts anywhere from two hours and 40 minutes to just over three hours. A connection in another city can add a few hours to your trip, with travel times often passing five and a half hours.
Which airlines operate flights from Dallas to San Diego?
American Airlines, Spirit, and Alaska Airlines all offer non-stop flights from Dallas-Fort Worth International to San Diego. Southwest also offers direct flights to the Pacific city from Dallas Love Field.
How frequent are flights between Dallas and San Diego?
More than a dozen flights take off from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport for San Diego daily, with flights generally departing every few hours. Around 3 flights a day depart from Dallas Love Field for the Southern California city.
Which airports serve Dallas to San Diego?
Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport is the largest airport serving the Dallas area and one of the biggest flight hubs in the U.S., offering diverse options for flights to San Diego. You can also take off from one of the smaller airports such as Dallas Love Field. The vast majority of flights to San Diego land in San Diego International Airport, which rests just north of the downtown area. The much smaller Montgomery-Gibbs Executive Airport and Brown Field Airport also service the area, but flight options are much more limited.
Which direct flight route between Dallas and San Diego is cheapest?
Direct flights from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport to San Diego International Airport generally offer the best travel prices, but you can occasionally find bargains on flights from Dallas Love Field.
While the landlocked city of Dallas boasts modern metropolitan entertainment, San Diego draws from the area's natural beauty with cliff walks along the Pacific, historic hill neighborhoods, and nature parks with panoramic views. Tourists flock here for the San Diego Zoo, but the festivals and concerts at Balboa Park offer even more entertainment. Prepare for milder weather during your San Diego vacation, with winters that are slightly warmer and summers a little cooler than those in Dallas.
From water sports and marine life cruises to sunbathing on the sandy beaches, San Diego is a SoCal city with something for everyone. Give our smart search engine a try to find great deals on flights from Dallas to sunny San Diego.
Other user searches
- Cheap Albany to Louisiana flights
- Fly to Exuma
- Flights deals to Houston
- San Antonio to Saudi Arabia flights
- Alaska Airlines cheap flights
- Flights to Curacao
- Cheap flights from Long Beach to Spain
- Flights to Antigua and Barbuda from Lansing
- Flights to Liberia from Key West
- Cheap flights from Las Vegas to Austria
Facts and figures about flying from Dallas to San Diego
- When traveling between Dallas and San Diego, the most commonly used aircraft is a McDonnell Douglas MD-80
- The largest aircraft flying between Dallas and San Diego is a Boeing 737-800 (winglets)
- The most common connection between Dallas and San Diego is Phoenix Sky Harbor International
- Flights between Dallas and San Diego typically provide 1324 seats for passengers on a daily basis
- Flights from Dallas to San Diego are cancelled 0.4 percent of the time
- American Airlines Inc. operates 239 flights per week between Dallas and San Diego
- Flights from Dallas to San Diego typically have a delay of 49 mins
- The Airbus A319 is the smallest aircraft operating flights between Dallas and San Diego
- Diversions are not expected on flights between Dallas and San Diego