Flights from Los Angeles (LAX) to Chicago (CHI)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from Los Angeles to Chicago across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
Travel information for Los Angeles to Chicago
How much do things cost in Chicago and Los Angeles?
Additional useful information for Chicago
Los Angeles and Chicago are both bustling cities with plenty of things to see and do. While both cities have many similarities, Chicago offers a uniquely Midwestern experience you just can't get on the West Coast. From vibrant neighborhoods to a busy downtown area, Chicago is essentially many smaller towns wrapped up in one large metropolis. You'll find no shortage of things to keep you busy during your stay in Chicago, from improv theaters showcasing up-and-coming comedians to world-class art and history museums. With so much to see and do, you may want to consider staying for a few extra days just to get all of the authentic Chicago experiences checked off of your list.
How long is the flight from Los Angeles to Chicago?
The average direct flight from Los Angeles to either of Chicago's major airports usually lasts around four hours, not including boarding times. You can find cheaper airfare by selecting a flight with a stopover, but that will extend the travel time a bit.
Which airlines operate flights from Los Angeles to Chicago?
Many major airlines offer direct flights from Los Angeles to Chicago, including United, American, Spirit, Frontier, Southwest and Alaska Airlines. Connecting flights can also be found with several other carriers, including Delta.
How frequent are flights between Los Angeles to Chicago?
Flights between Los Angeles and Chicago are frequent throughout each day, with at least one flight arriving from LA every hour during peak travel times.
Which airports serve Los Angeles to Chicago?
Chicago is served by two major airports and several smaller regional facilities. For flights from Los Angeles, you can expect to arrive at either O'Hare International Airport or Chicago Midway International Airport. The main airport serving Los Angeles is Los Angeles International Airport, also known as LAX.
Which direct flight route between Los Angeles and Chicago is cheapest?
The cheapest direct flight route between Los Angeles and Chicago is typically found with American Airlines or Frontier, both of which arrive at O'Hare Airport. The fares for each carrier's basic economy rates are close in price.
Los Angeles and Chicago both share a lot in common, but they are defined by their differences. While temperatures in LA are almost always moderate and sunny, Chicago weather is notoriously unpredictable. However, it makes the perfect destination for a summer getaway or a true winter Christmas experience. Chicago is known for its local cuisine, including deep dish pizza and Chicago-style hot dogs, and visits to the local neighborhoods reveal a wide range of international cuisines. Visit Pilsen for its authentic Mexican taquerias or head to Chinatown for its wide range of delicious eateries. The Loop and the surrounding downtown area are home to the Magnificent Mile shopping district, the Art Institute of Chicago, The Goodman Theater and a host of smaller museums and shops. Finish your trip to the Loop with a visit to Millennium Park and a ride on the CTA's "El" elevated train.
If you are planning a trip to the Windy City, use our smart search engine to find the cheapest flights between Los Angeles and Chicago.
Other user searches
- Cheap flights to Liverpool from Palm Beach International
- Flights to Colombia from Chicago
- Cleveland to Rome
- Sacramento to Florida
- Tehran from Seattle
- Flights New York to Brazil
- Anchorage to Reagan National
- Philadelphia to Arizona flights
- Cheap flights to Atlantic City
- Flights from Jacksonville to Barranquilla
Facts and figures about flying from Los Angeles to Chicago
- Flights from Los Angeles to Chicago have 4124 passenger seats available each day
- Every week United Air Lines Inc. has 303 flights from Los Angeles to Chicago
- Flights between Los Angeles and Chicago are rarely subject to diversions
- The Canadair CRJ 700 is the smallest aircraft operating flights between Los Angeles and Chicago
- On average, flights from Los Angeles to Chicago are cancelled 1.7% of the time
- The largest plane flying between Los Angeles and Chicago is the Boeing 747-400 (Domestic)
- The majority of flights between Los Angeles and Chicago are completed by a Boeing 737-800 (winglets)
- A delay of 46 mins is common when flying from Los Angeles to Chicago