Cheap flights to Newark, New Jersey (NJ)
Many people dismiss Newark as simply a town close to New York City, but savvy travelers know that cheap flights to Newark means easy access to New York City, Hartford, Philadelphia and other cities in the Northeast. As the largest city in New Jersey and a key transportation hub, Newark's Liberty International Airport welcomes approximately 32 million passengers a year traveling on Newark flights.
Once outside of the airport, however, Newark offers visitors great restaurants, an expansive shopping district and a growing business economy. For travelers with a little extra time on their hands before their next Newark flight, check out the Montclair Art Museum, complete with artwork from American painters including John Singer Sargent and Edward Hopper. The Newark Museum features art and natural history exhibits, a planetarium and small zoo.
Summer temperatures are in the 80s (Fahrenheit). In September and October the temperatures drop to the 70s and 60s. Winter is mild with temperatures in the 30s and 40s, although it can go down into the 20s. Spring starts in March with temperatures reaching 50.
Best Time to Fly to Newark
July is the warmest month, but also the wettest, so expect some rain.
Winter time, when the city is coldest is the least popular time to visit, is also the best time to find cheap flights to Newark. January is the coldest month of the year.
Getting around Newark
When your cheap flight to Newark lands, pick up a rental car at one of the companies adjacent to the airport. A list of companies is posted on the airport’s website. Once you’re in town, you can get around by public transportation. But there are plenty of parking lots available downtown.
Newark Travel Information
- Newark’s neoclassical and art deco Penn Station (not to be confused with New York City’s Penn Station) is in the Ironbound District, a vibrant Portuguese community, and its Ferry Street is lined with excellent restaurants, pastry shops, and music.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Newark
USA departure airports for flights to Newark
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Newark
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Houston (IAH)
- Miami (MIA)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- San Juan (SJU)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- West Palm Beach (PBI)
- Detroit (DTT)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Fort Myers (RSW)
- Boston (BOS)
- Jacksonville (JAX)
- Denver (DEN)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- St Louis (STL)
- Nashville (BNA)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Austin (AUS)
- Ontario (ONT)
- Buffalo (BUF)
Useful information about Newark
More useful information about Newark
- Newark International is a hub airport. Consider taking a one way flight to the airport to save on your flight.
- Gamblers looking for an alternate travel destination should book a direct flight to Atlantic City.
- Take a last minute flight to the Jersey shore for a fun beach weekend. Soak in the sun and walk the boardwalk.
Other user searches
- Cheap Columbus to Fort Myers flights
- Flights to New Orleans
- Flights from Kamuela to Rennes
- Flights to Bahamas
- United Airlines cheap flights
- Cheap deals to Europe
- Cheap flights to Fort Lauderdale
- San Luis Obispo County-McChesney Field from Morgantown Municipal-Walter L. Bill Hart Field
- Flights to Santo Domingo
- Alaska Airlines baggage