Cheap flights to Stockton, California (CA)
Offering a great location, unique history, notable events and entertainment options, this fascinating city in California is one of America's most popular tourist destinations. As the 13th biggest city in California, Stockton offers a diverse cultural and ethnic mix for visitors to enjoy. You'll find it on the San Joaguin Delta which connects to San Francisco Bay, making this a city along the water with a wonderful green belt. The city offers plenty of recreation and sightseeing opportunities such as an Olympic size ice rink. The Delta offers plenty of water-based activities like water skiing and sailing. Theatre, music, dance and literary events are also regularly offered which makes this a good travel destination for culture lovers.
This immaculately maintained city is a great place for families with children to visit. More than 60 parks, including a dog park, day camps, places to picnic and summertime concerts make this a relaxing and enjoyable city to tour, even with babies and toddlers. Good transport facilities and infrastructure mean you won't have to worry about travelling by rail and bus. Farms and wineries are another great choice for a day trips in the area. Visitors can buy farm produce, enjoy local wines, tours, pumpkin mazes and join a wine tour.
When to fly to Stockton
The city has a Mediterranean climate making the summers hot and dry and the winters mild and wet. Most rain falls from October to April making this the rainy season. Peak season is summer (June to August), when temperatures are high and the rains have passed. Festivals and events are plentiful and occur throughout the year, so take the initiative and plan your trip to make the most of these colourful events - from the international film festival, to the Wine and Chocolate Weekend, to Chinese New Year or the Stockton Horse Races.
Off season rates are likely to give visitors the best deals available. These are the winter months from October to April. The weather is also cooler during these months. Most tourists wait until the rain has passed before visiting California, so this is a good time to take advantage of off-peak deals when you can enjoy warm fires and cosy hotel rooms on a wine farm. Some hotels may offer special school holiday packages for families. December rates are likely to be higher than the rest of the year.
Getting around Stockton
The public transport system offers a variety of options for getting around in the city including bus and rail services as well as taxis and private hire cars and vans which are the ideal way to enjoy road trips in the area.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flights to California
Interesting information about Stockton
More useful information about Stockton
- Sacramento is growing, offering affordable homes to those seeking California weather.
- The peak season for one way flights to California is the summer.
- Check out our family travel tips you’ll be the one asking “are we there yet?”
- Direct flights to California are easy since it has over 15 airports.
- California's Anaheim is home to Disneyland and Knott’s Berry Farm.
- Pack your bags and go, because you can be miles away by the end of the day with our tips on last minute deals.
- Fly to California and go to San Francisco to see The Golden Gate Bridge and Fisherman’s Wharf.
- After your last minute flight to California, driving is the best way to get around the state.
- For California wineries, visit Napa and Sonoma Valley.
- Take your family somewhere and still have enough cash to splurge on souvenirs with our budget vacation tips.
Other user searches
- Australia flights
- Flights to New York from Detroit
- Flights to Ketchikan International from Tri-State/Milton J. Ferguson Field
- Flights to Moscow from Los Angeles
- Flights from Burbank to Honolulu
- Cheap flights to Dominican Republic
- Fort Worth to Kingston
- Manchester flights
- Flights to Barranquilla from Napa Valley
- Cheap flights to St Augustine from Newark