Cheap flights to Side
Book one of our cheap flights to Turkey and visit Side, a pretty resort town nestled between two stretches of golden, sunny beach. Turkey is a wonderful place to experience the old meeting the new, and Side is no exception. There are many tourist accommodations, late-night bars, restaurants and shops scattered throughout the ruins of the ancient city. The main sites include a grand 2nd-century theater offering beautiful views of the sea and the remnants of the Roman bath houses. As you wander through town, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to shop for typical Turkish wares like carpet, leather goods and jewelry.
Side Travel Information
What better way to see the land than by parasailing? If you’re not afraid of heights, and packing your camera on your flight to Side, then head on up for the ride of a lifetime. Parasailing is offered all along the shores of Side, and it’s a fun way to seek thrills as well as find the peace and quiet you’ve never experienced before. From that high up, new views of the ruins and amphitheater become jaw-dropping.
Sometimes called Belkis, Aspendos is the largest remaining theater in Side, and its 40 rows of marble banks built against a hilltop are nothing short of amazing. A wall almost 100 feet in height surrounds it, which is the astonishing fact that draws most travelers to consider flights to Side. Designed by architect Zeno in 167 in the time of Marcus Aurelius, and dedicated to the gods, this grand structure fits 15,000 people, but costs a pretty penny for admission. With all the money you saved on your cheap flight to Side, it’s worth it.
Especially if you’re planning a flight to Side in the summertime, you’ll want to hit the beaches as soon as possible. Here, you can work on your tan, swim in the beautiful water, or simply people watch. Luckily, there are beaches on either side (both east and west), and the water is normally warmer than the air, despite how hot summer temps can get. Because it’s known to be very shallow, the beaches of Side are the perfect family friendly spot, making it a safe place for kids.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flights to Turkey
More useful information about Side
- When your direct flight to Turkey arrives, you’ll be in a country of mystery and mystique.
- If you’re looking for quick trips, and opportunities to met locals, hop on one of the Dolmuses (minibuses).
- Find a cheap one way flight to Turkey and enjoy the Turkish hospitality while you savor all the history.
- Turkey’s proximity to both the Aegean and Mediterranean coasts make for scorching and arid summers.
- For high rollers, Nisantasi may be a great first stop straight from your Turkey flight.
- The country is divided between Europe and the Middle East and is a melting pot of sacred sites for many religions.
- When booking last minute flights to Turkey; the more sun there is, the more tourists there are.
- Ortaköy literally means “village in the middle,” and is quickly becoming a chic destination.