Cheap flights to Memphis, Tennessee (TN)
Tempt your senses with a trip to Memphis. Besides being home to Graceland, Elvis Presley’s mansion, Memphis has enough tastes, smells, sights, and sounds for any traveler. From old-fashioned-backyard barbecues to toe-tapping rhythm and blues music, it’s hard not to book flights to Memphis for a long weekend or a week-long getaway.
Spend a day in Memphis touring The King’s mansion in Graceland before dining on black-eyed peas and cornbread at one of the city’s local diners. Take a steamboat ride on the Muddy Mississippi River or watch a minor league baseball game at AutoZone Park. Whether you’re channeling Elvis with some old time rock-n-roll or need a little Southern cooking to soothe your soul, a cheap flight to Memphis is a worthwhile visit for any traveler.
Memphis has four distinct seasons with cold winters and hot summers. Spring and autumn can be varied and unpredictable and severe weather, like thunderstorms and strong winds, are possible during these transitory seasons. Summers are very humid thanks to moisture encroaching from the Gulf of Mexico, even though the temperature rarely reaches great heights. This makes it feel hotter than it is. Winters, by contrast, can be very cold with temperatures below freezing occurring fairly often. Memphis averages 5.7 inches of snow a year. There is plenty of rain to keep the region green, most falling in thunderstorms, but this does not mean there are not plenty of sunny days.
Best Time to Fly to Memphis
May is festival month in Memphis and when most people travel to Memphis. The weather is warm and breezy, the mood is festive and music wafts through the air. Due to school vacations, summer is the busiest travel time in Memphis but it's also when the temperatures are sweltering and humidity is high. If you travel to Memphis during the summer months, pack light and bring your patience -- the city is hot and packed with tourists.
Fall and winter months are generally unpredictable as it pertains to weather. Heavy rains can hit at any time and while it might not snow, the temperatures can get very cold. If you don't mind packing a jacket and taking a risk, Memphis flights are cheaper and hotel rates are usually discounted during the winter months.
Getting around Memphis
The best way to get around Memphis is by driving. Traffic can be very slow-moving, but the public transportation system’s buses are slow and infrequent. Memphis is easy to maneuver and parking is usually available. You need a driver’s license and have to be at least 21 years old to rent a car, but most rental agencies charge you more if you’re under 25. If you’d prefer to take public transportation, the downtown Main Street Trolley, which runs on a circular route, is the most useful. You can also take a taxi, but you’ll need to book ahead by phone.
Memphis Travel Information
- Book a trip along the river on the Memphis Queen Line, which operates several paddle-wheelers from March through November. You can take a sightseeing cruise, sunset dinner cruise or party cruise. For the festive traveler, hop on the sunset dinner cruise and enjoy some live Dixieland and big-band music.
- Don't miss a walk down Beale Street while you're in Memphis. Beale Street is where W. C. Handy brought the blues to life when he penned "Memphis Blues" to paper. Today, Beale Street is Memphis' main entertainment district.
- If you travel to Memphis in May, make sure you stop over at the World Championship Barbecue-Cooking Contest.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Memphis
USA departure airports for flights to Memphis
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Memphis
- Chicago (CHI)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- New York (NYC)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Houston (IAH)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Tampa (TPA)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Boston (BOS)
- Denver (DEN)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Miami (MIA)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Washington (WAS)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Austin (AUS)
- Ontario (ONT)
- Grand Rapids (GRR)
- Newark (EWR)
- Milwaukee (MKE)
- Richmond (RIC)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Norfolk (ORF)
- Cleveland (CLE)
Interesting information about Memphis
More useful information about Memphis
- Many one way flights to Memphis arrive at Memphis - Memphis International Airport (MEM).
- The Memphis Brooks Museum of Art, founded in 1916, is the oldest fine art museum in the state of Tennessee.
- In May, book a last minute flight to Memphis and attend the World Championship Barbecue-Cooking Contest.
- Sun Studio is available for tour, where Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Rufus Thomas, and Jerry Lee Lewis recorded music.
- A visitor must see is Graceland, Elvis Presley’s mansion and a shrine to the King of Rock n' Roll.
- If you want to visit parks, W.C. Handy Park, Tom Lee Park, and Audubon Park are the main ones.
- Take a trip along the river on the Memphis Queen Line, which operates several paddle-wheelers.
- Direct flights to Memphis allow you to take walk down Beale Street, where W.C. Handy wrote blues songs.
Other user searches
- Cheap flights from New Haven to Greenville
- Cheap flights to Lancaster from Pasco
- Newark from San Francisco flights
- Las Vegas to Dubai
- Cheap flights to Luoyang Beijiao from Pitt-Greenville
- Flights from South Bend to Las Vegas
- Flights from Los Angeles to Dallas Love Field
- Fly to Sydney
- San Diego to Ghana flights
- Flights to Indianapolis