Cheap flights to Macdonald-Cartier International (YOW)
Considering it's the capital's airport, Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International is not a big air field. However, travellers who have used it have nothing but praise for it. It's a much-garlanded and admired airport. Among other awards, it was ranked number one in the world in the two to five million passenger category by Airports Council International in 2011.
Macdonald-Cartier International is part of the busy air corridor between Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto, known as the Eastern Triangle. Most of the flights that arrive at the airport are from other parts of Canada and the US. However, there is a London Heathrow-Ottawa route and one from Frankfurt too.
With more than four million passengers each year, it's Canada's sixth-busiest airport. Macdonald-Cartier International is a focus city for Air Canada and a base for First Air, the Northern Canadian carrier. It has United States border pre-clearance facilities, an important feature that can save travellers a little time.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Macdonald-Cartier International
USA departure airports for flights to Macdonald-Cartier International
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Macdonald-Cartier International
- Miami (MIA)
- New York (NYC)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Boston (BOS)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Mexico City (MEX)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Newark (EWR)
- Richmond (RIC)
- Greenville (GSP)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Ontario (ONT)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Fresno (FAT)
- San Francisco (SFO)
Interesting information about Macdonald-Cartier International
More useful information about Macdonald-Cartier International
- The eastern provinces of Canada include Quebec, Ontario, and Nova Scotia.
- When your one way flight to Canada arrives, you’ll be in North America’s largest country by area.
- Western Canada consists of British Columbia and three provinces: Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
- Victoria Day to Labor Day (Late May to Early September) is the best time for outdoor activities.
- For winter sports enthusiasts, November to March offers the best chance of good snow in Canada.
- Possibly the most British of the Canadian cities, Ottawa is a charming cosmopolitan city.
- Some direct flights to Canada land at Lester B Pearson International Airport or Trudeau Airport.
- For last minute flights to Canada, keep in mind that many cities are transformed into winter wonderlands.