Cheap flights to Newquay, England
The town of Newquay in Cornwall has long been one of the U.K.’s most popular seaside resorts. With beautiful coastline and countryside and a wealth of activities and accommodation options, Newquay boasts some of the best surfing opportunities in England at places like Fistral Beach. The English National Surfing Championships are held every May at Watergate Bay.
Newquay is also an excellent base from which to explore the wider region of Cornwall. Charming towns like Padstow and St. Ives, attractions like the Eden Project, and county capital Truro are all within easy reach. Those with an interest in history are in luck, too: Cornwall contains remains dating as far back as the Neolithic era, with treasures such as Stone Age henges and megaliths, Bronze Age barrows and stone circles, and Iron Age forts like Newquay’s cliff castle at Trevelgue Head.
Newquay’s southwesterly location brings with it milder weather than much of England. June and July are generally the warmest and sunniest months, while December, January and February are the coolest.
Best Time to Fly to Newquay
Newquay’s peak tourist season occurs in July and August, as this is when weather is likely to be warmest and driest. This is reflected in travel and accommodation prices and availability.
December through February are the quietest months in Newquay, as the weather is likely to be coolest and wettest at this time.
April through June, September and October are good times to visit, as the weather is likely to fairly good, yet peak season crowding and prices have yet to set in.
Getting around Newquay
All attractions within the town of Newquay are within easy reach on foot. However, bus routes are operated to nearby towns and villages. Some rail links are also offered in the region.
Newquay Cornwall Airport (www.newquaycornwallairport.com) is located in the parish of Mawgan in Pydar almost 5 miles northeast of Newquay.
Newquay Travel Information
- Head to Treloy Golf Club and Driving Range just outside Newquay to test your skills on the course.
- Try your hand at surfing on Fistral Beach with the Fistral Beach Surf School, which caters to everyone from beginners to those looking to improve their technique.
- Head to Morris Pasties to taste test traditional beef pasties, once described by the Daily Telegraph as “the finest pasties in Cornwall.”
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Newquay
USA departure airports for flights to Newquay
Interesting information about Newquay
More useful information about Newquay
- Rail travel is a tremendous way to get around England domestically.
- In 2003, the country saw the highest temperature ever, with one day's high over 100 degrees.
- It's always peak season when visiting London.
- The first public zoo in the world opened in London, England in 1829.
- Booking last minute flights to England can be great as long as your passport/papers are in order.
- A visit to England can be cheaper than expected if you stay outside of London.
- Direct flights to England from eastern seaboard cities are abundant.
- One way flights to England can be great money savers.
- Small, outlying towns often offer great winter deals if you like toasty fires and cozy pubs.
- While eating breakfast in medieval England, you might find beer as one of the beverage options.
Other user searches
- Phoenix to Athens flights
- Spirit Airlines flights
- Phoenix to Fort Lauderdale
- Flights from Des Moines to Berlin
- Flights to Puerto Rico from New York
- Flights to San Jose Cabo
- Flights to Orkney Mainland from Juneau
- Flights Playa Del Carmen from Seattle
- Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport to Fagernes
- Charlottesville to Nassau cheap flights