Flights from Miami (MIA) to New York (NYC)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from Miami to New York across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
Travel information for Miami to New York
How much do things cost in New York and Miami?
Additional useful information for New York
The bright lights of the "Big Apple" beckon visitors from around the world to experience Broadway shows, gourmet dining and some of the best shopping in the country. From towering skyscrapers to the peaceful calm of Central Park, New York offers a one-of-a-kind vacation for just about every traveler. Daily service to Miami, both direct and with layovers, is available for your exciting trip to New York.
How long is the flight from Miami to New York City?
The flight from Miami, FL, to New York City takes just under three hours if you've booked a nonstop flight. A layover or two can add as much as seven hours or more to your travel time.
Which airlines operate flights from Miami to New York City?
Multiple major airlines offer flights from Miami to New York, and many offer several departure times. Carriers that fly to New York include jetBlue, American Airlines, United Airlines and Delta.
How frequent are flights between Miami and New York City?
Flights between Miami and New York City run fairly frequently as both cities are vacation destinations and also busy with business travel. Departure times range from early morning take-offs to options available later in the day.
Which airports serve Miami to New York City?
The majority of air travel from Miami originates from Miami International Airport, although Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport is located a short 45 minute drive north of the city, and many Miami-based travelers begin their travels from there. Three major airports serve the New York Metropolitan area: LaGuardia, in north Queens, JFK International Airport, in south Queens, and Newark Liberty Airport, in nearby New Jersey. Research your airports before you book your flight, so you get an idea of how much time you'll need to get to the airport, where to go once you make it through security and arranging ground transportation at your final destination.
Which direct flight route between Miami and New York City is cheapest?
The cheapest direct flight route between Miami and New York is from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport to LaGuardia Airport. The savings is minimal, however, when compared to similar routes from Miami International Airport to Newark Liberty International Airport. If you're looking to save time and money on gas, consider booking a fare directly from Miami International Airport depending upon where you are driving in from.
While both New York City and Miami are major metropolitan cities featuring thriving populations, the similarities end there. Miami features a mild subtropical climate that offers moderate temperatures all year long, while New York experiences all four seasons from snow to warm, humid summers. Spring and fall travel to New York offers a welcome respite from the high temperatures of Florida, making it an ideal time to visit Manhattan and the surrounding Burroughs. Whereas Miami is home to multiple spicy Cuban and Latin-American inspired eateries, New York offers visitors everything from kitchen-style Italian diners to high-end gourmet enclaves frequented by the rich and powerful and everything in between.
Want to find a reasonable fare on the carrier of your choice? Use our easy search engine to find flights, airlines and the times you need for your trip from Miami to New York.
Other user searches
- United Airlines cheap flights
- Cheap Las Vegas to Paris flights
- Cheap flights to Boston
- Flights to Havana from Cherry Capital
- Flights to Denver from Atlanta
- Los Angeles to Atlanta flights
- Flights Quincy Municipal Baldwin Field to Wilson
- Flights from Los Angeles to Thailand
- Flights to Tashkent from New York
- Cheap flights to Tampa
Facts and figures about flying from Miami to New York
- The Boeing 747-400 (Domestic) is the largest aircraft operating flights between Miami and New York
- Traveling between Miami and New York typically provides 2208 seats for passengers on a daily basis
- American Airlines Inc. operates 184 flights a week from Miami to New York
- Diversions are not a regular occurrence on flights between Miami and New York
- Charlotte/Douglas International is the most commonly used connection for flights between Miami and New York
- The standard cancellation rate when flying from Miami to New York is 0.7 percent
- A delay of 41 mins is common when flying from Miami to New York
- When traveling between Miami and New York, the most commonly used aircraft is a Boeing 757 Mixed
- The smallest plane flying between Miami and New York is the Boeing 737-800 (winglets)