Flights from New York (NYC) to Miami (MIA)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from New York to Miami across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
We've found some great deals to other destinations in Florida As you had searched for Miami, we thought you might be interested in these other destinations...
Travel information for New York to Miami
- Only 28.8 miles separate New York from White Plains (HPN)
- Only 47.5 miles separate New York from Islip (ISP)
- Only 51.9 miles separate New York from Trenton (TTN)
How much do things cost in Miami and New York?
Additional useful information for Miami
When New York streets start to get a little slushy, a flight to Miami is definitely in order. Snowbirds have been traveling to Miami for winter sunshine for decades, and a myriad of flight choices makes it even easier to get your vacation started.
How long is the flight from New York City to Miami?
Expect to spend about two and a half to three hours in the air when you're traveling from New York City to Miami. Most flights from New York's airports are nonstop.
Which airlines operate flights from New York City to Miami?
Delta and American Airlines fly nonstop between New York's JFK and LaGuardia Airports and Miami International Airport, and Frontier Airlines also makes the connection from LaGuardia. You can also connect from Newark Liberty International Airport via United and American Airlines.
How frequent are flights between New York City and Miami?
About 120 flights connect the three New York City area airports to Miami every day, so you shouldn't have much trouble finding a flight. Flights begin at about 6 a.m., with the last flight leaving in the early evening.
Which airports serve New York City to Miami?
While your flight to Miami is going to land at Miami International Airport, when flying from New York City, you have your choice of JFK, LaGuardia and Newark airports as your starting points.
Which direct flight route between New York City and Miami is cheapest?
You'll find the cheapest flights to Miami originating out of Newark and LaGuardia airports. If you're flying round trip, don't assume you have to return to the same airport you left from, but see if switching airports for the return flight will save you some cash.
The sun is the calling card to attract visitors to Miami, but once you're there, you'll find the pulse of the city driving you to do far more than just relax on the beach, as fabulous as that may be. Tour the stunning Art Deco district of Miami to marvel at beautifully restored buildings from the 1930's, and take a tour boat around Biscayne Bay to get a sense of the city from offshore. Miami is also a melting pot where many cultures come together. Head to Calle Ocho in Little Havana to enjoy amazing Cuban food. Miami is also a prime jumping-off point for the relaxed and luxurious lifestyle of the Florida Keys, and you can get back to nature with a visit to Everglades National Park.
White sand beaches, hot nightlife and Latin music, and crystal clear water all await you in Miami. Use our smart search engine to find a wide variety of cheap flights to get you to Miami from NYC for a dream vacation.
Other user searches
Facts and figures about flying from New York to Miami
- Flights from New York to Miami are cancelled 0.9% of the time
- There are 2347 daily seats available for flights between New York and Miami
- Flights from New York to Miami are typically delayed by 1 hr 2 mins
- The Boeing 737-800 (winglets) is the most popular aircraft used for flights between New York and Miami
- Between New York and Miami American Airlines Inc. operates 301 flights per week
- The Embraer EMB 170/EMB 190 is the smallest aircraft operating flights between New York and Miami
- Airbus A320-100/200 is the biggest available airplane for flights between New York and Miami
- Passengers are most likely to connect via Charlotte/Douglas International, when flying between New York and Miami
- Diversions are not a regular occurrence on flights between New York and Miami