Cheap flights to Exeter, England
Historic cathedrals, Victorian architecture and Gothic Revival structures seem to dominate the riverside town of Exeter, a city in Devon with a rich history that spans more than 2,000 years. What started as a Roman military outpost and evolved into a significant trading post is now a thriving English city with a youthful air, thanks to the many university students who call Exeter home. Today, visitors can get their fill of both history and culture with a visit to Exeter.
Undoubtedly, it is the historic cathedral that tops the must-see list when it comes to visiting the city. Exeter Cathedral embodies the town’s medieval glory through its 15th-century Gothic architecture, while a host of centuries-old churches and the 800-year-old Guildhall are equally reflective of Exeter’s storied past. For a more in-depth look at Exeter’s history, visitors can explore the exhibits at the Royal Albert Memorial Museum. A stroll along the historic Quayside to soak up the architecture and waterfront views should also be included in any Exeter itinerary.
Exeter has come a long way since its Roman and trading post days, though, and visitors don’t have to look far to see evidence of this for themselves. At Crealy Adventure Park, the excitement flows non-stop as a host of indoor and outdoor rides and attractions keep the entire family entertained. Meanwhile, the city’s thriving arts scene can be experienced at Exeter Phoenix or Exeter Northcott Theatre. If shopping is on the itinerary, visitors may enjoy the chain shops of Exeter’s High Street. Those looking for independent shops and boutiques may not be impressed with High Street’s cookie-cutter offerings but should note that many of the streets surrounding High Street are filled with independently owned stores. After dark, Exeter’s nightlife scene revs up with live music and dancing at bars and clubs throughout this Devon town.
Best Time to Fly to Exeter
Exeter is most popular during the months of May through October, when the weather is warm and mild. These months also draw visitors thanks to events like the Exeter Summer Festival in June and the performing arts-focused Unexpected Exeter festival in August. Cheaper airfares to Exeter can generally be found in the months of January and February, the coldest time of year in the city.
Getting around Exeter
Thanks to the city’s relatively small size, visitors can generally feel comfortable navigating Exeter by foot. The public transportation system also makes it easy to get around Exeter.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Exeter
USA departure airports for flights to Exeter
This is useful information about Exeter
More useful information about Exeter
- Rail travel is a tremendous way to get around England domestically.
- In 2003, the country saw the highest temperature ever, with one day's high over 100 degrees.
- It's always peak season when visiting London.
- The first public zoo in the world opened in London, England in 1829.
- Booking last minute flights to England can be great as long as your passport/papers are in order.
- A visit to England can be cheaper than expected if you stay outside of London.
- Direct flights to England from eastern seaboard cities are abundant.
- One way flights to England can be great money savers.
- Small, outlying towns often offer great winter deals if you like toasty fires and cozy pubs.
- While eating breakfast in medieval England, you might find beer as one of the beverage options.