Cheap flights to Eleftherios Venizelos (ATH)
Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport (ATH), otherwise known as Athens International, is a two-terminal airport, gateway to a country rich with history and tourism options. It is just 12 miles (20km) east of Athens’ city center, the perfect destination for travelers who want to discover popular ancient Greek sites such as the Acropolis and Plaka, or for those using the city as a stop-off point before exploring the islands of Greece.
There’s plenty to do at Athens Airport, which offers a range of world-class shopping opportunities as well as a host of local souvenirs and mementos. The airport has won two awards for best airport in Southern Europe and is an important link between Europe and Asia.
Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport is a major hub for Greece’s national carrier Olympic Air as well as Aegean Airlines. With austerity measures being the catchphrase across Greece and much of Europe it’s good to know that there are many low-cost carriers and budget airlines that offer cheap flights to Athens International Airport, including Blue1, easyJet, Fly Hellas, Aer Lingus and IZair.
Athens International Airport is well-connected to central Athens by rail and road networks and is the perfect start to a fun vacation in Greece. This Greek airport has also been awarded two Green Building Awards for energy efficiency and awareness, so travelers wanting to reduce their carbon footprint can sleep easy knowing Athens International Airport is doing its bit.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Eleftherios Venizelos
USA departure airports for flights to Eleftherios Venizelos
This is useful information about Eleftherios Venizelos
More useful information about Eleftherios Venizelos
- In Athens, you can explore the Acropolis, the Parthenon, and the Epidaurus amphitheater.
- A popular time to take one way flights to Greece is between June and August when the weather is best.
- When your last minute flight to Greece arrives, you'll be in the country where the Olympic Games were born.
- The beautiful and verdant island Zante or Zakynthos, on the Ionian islands, is another popular vacation destination.
- Many travelers take direct flights to Greece for a tour of Athens or on a honeymoon to Santorini.
- Crete is the largest and most popular of the Greek islands, with two international airports.
- One place worth visiting is the Peloponissos, which has a spectacular landscape of mountains, caves, and volcanoes.
- Greece enjoys long Mediterranean summers, with warm temperatures and about 11 hours of sunshine a day.