Cheap flights to Guayaquil, Ecuador
The exotic, historic and nature-oriented city of Guayaquil offers visitors a great choice of things to do including exciting places to eat, nightlife, beaches, surf sites and resorts as well as cultural activities. An unmissable addition to the tour itinerary, located in the middle of the Guayas river, is the home of 40 fisher families living according to relatively ancient customs. Whale watching is another popular activity in the area, and visitors can opt for a day tour in Salinas. Free city tours are offered in the downtown area by experienced guides. Malecon 2000 is a 1.5 mile promenade that visitors can enjoy exploring. This area is complemented by many restaurants, museums, playgrounds and a shopping mall.
Las Peñas on the Cerro Santa Ana is the area where Guayaquil was founded, making this the oldest part of the city. It is dotted with souvenir shops, galleries, cafes, bars and restaurants as well as residential homes. The Cerro Blanco national reserve offers more than 6000 acres, sea cliffs and indigenous plants and animals to be enjoyed by nature-loving visitors. The gorgeous Santa Ana hill, cathedral and Iguana Park, San Francisco Church, Centenario Park, and the Guayaquil City Museum are all well worth a visit. Taking a boat trip on the Henry Morgan pirate ship is a nice day trip while in this fishing port.
Best Time to Fly to Guayaquil
This region has a dry and hot, tropical climate, and two defined seasons. The dry season in the region runs from May to December, and this is also the foggy time of the year, so not the best for water activities and views. The wet season runs from January to April and this is also the sunny season. The rain in the area can occasionally be very heavy. July to January is the most temperate months in the city.
Since the dry season can also be very foggy, this is sometimes a quieter time in the city. Late spring, summer and early fall are often very busy times to visit Guayaquil. Once the rainy season begins, tourism quiets down and this is when cheaper rates on hotels and airfares can be found. The Christmas season is a busy time in the region so if you don't enjoy crowds, it is best to avoid it during the festive holiday. Prices are likely to be much higher during this time.
Getting around Guayaquil
Once in the city, walking is a good way to enjoy the bustle of downtown or you can travel by taxi, rental car or bus. Certain sections of the city are connected by rail but the network is not extensive.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Guayaquil
USA departure airports for flights to Guayaquil
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Guayaquil
- New York (NYC)
- Newark (EWR)
- Miami (MIA)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Houston (IAH)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Boston (BOS)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Albany (ALB)
- Washington (WAS)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Denver (DEN)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Columbus (CMH)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Hartford (BDL)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- St Louis (STL)
- San Antonio (SAT)
- Indianapolis (IND)
Interesting information about Guayaquil
More useful information about Guayaquil
- Colonial Quito is a UNESCO World Heritage site and a must-see spot for any visitor.
- Many take last minute flights to Ecuador to visit the Galapagos Islands, which is an experience worth having.
- After your direct flight to Ecuador, visit Quito - one of the oldest cities in the Americas.
- In terms of population, Guayaquil is the largest city.
- The best times to visit Ecuador is June through September and December through January.
- Founded to protect the islands' natural habitat, the Charles Darwin Research Center can be visited in Puerto Ayora.
- One way flights to Ecuador can arrive at two major airports. There is one in Quito and one in Guayaquil.
Other user searches
- Flights from Salt Lake City to Bangkok
- Cheap flights to Sydney from New York
- Flights from Phoenix to Cancun
- Flights to Ontario from Spokane
- Flights to Puerto Rico
- Cheap flights from Dubuque Regional to Manchester International
- Toledo to Nashville
- Cheap flights to Big Island
- Dallas to Missouri
- Cheap flights to Miami