Cheap flights to Schwechat (VIE)
Vienna International Airport (VIE) is Austria’s biggest and busiest airport, just 11 miles (18 km) from central Vienna. It is often locally referred to as Schwechat, as it is located in Schwechat County.
The airport has three terminals, one of which was built specifically for low-cost carriers. The terminals offer plenty of shopping, wining and dining opportunities to passengers. Shopping ranges from small- change souvenirs to mid-range duty-free items and expensive electronic gadgets. The food and drink options also cater for all, with small coffee kiosks and larger sit-down restaurants.
As a hub for both Austrian Airlines and Niki Airlines, there are many flights to Vienna International Airport. Passengers flying from across Europe as well as from destinations in Africa, Asia and North America can easily book flights to Vienna International Airport.
As the gateway to the capital city, Vienna International Airport provides the perfect introduction.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Schwechat
USA departure airports for flights to Schwechat
This is useful information about Schwechat
More useful information about Schwechat
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.