Cheap flights to Linz, Austria
When is the best time to fly to Linz?
Summer in the city offers warm, sunny days, so if you want to enjoy the attractions and monuments in warm weather visit between June and August. The winter months can often bring temperatures that fall below freezing. If you plan to visit Linz during the low season, book between the months of November and March for the best flight deals and cheaper accommodation.
Situated on the banks of the river Danube in the heart of Austria, Linz is a vibrant, dynamic city enriched with historical, cultural and artistic treasures. The city has long been a cultural meeting place for artists and musicians, having been visited by Mozart in 1783 when he wrote the Linz Symphony. The city is still a centre for music events and festivals, particularly the Linz Fest and the Ars Electronica Festival, which take place in a park alongside the Danube. Linz is also the home of the famous Brucknerhaus, a concert hall and events centre that is named after Austrian composer Anton Bruckner. The city is best explored on foot, by taking a stroll through the charming streets of the old town or along the Landstraße to the city's main square, the Hauptplatz. Several landmarks are worth a visit, including St. Martin's Church, which is considered to be the oldest church in Austria, and the Old Cathedral, which was built in the Baroque style. If you take the Pöstlingbergbahn tram from the main square to the north of the city, you can make a steep ascent to reach the Pöstlingberg, a high hill that offers excellent views of the city and is also the site of the Pöstlingberg pilgrimage church. You will also find the city's zoo halfway up the mountain, which is home to hundreds of animals and makes a great family day out. If you're looking for more exciting ideas to amuse the kids, take a ride on the Grottenbahn, a miniature underground dragon train that travels through a fairytale grotto. Linz has something for everyone, whether you want to immerse yourself in the music scene, or visit the city's historic wonders, there are plenty of attractions to make this holiday truly memorable.
Getting around Linz
The public transport in the city centre is excellent, providing a network of bus and tram lines. If you want to see the surrounding Austrian countryside, you can hire a car from one of the major car rental companies.
Getting from the Airport to the City
The Blue Danube Airport (LNZ) is located 8 miles (12km) southwest of the city. You can reach the city centre within 20 minutes by taking the bus service or a taxi from the airport. There are also several shuttle bus services that offer door-to-door transportation. If you want to hire a car, you can book with one of the major car rental companies.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Linz
USA departure airports for flights to Linz
This is useful information about Linz
More useful information about Linz
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.
Other user searches
- Ontario to Hawaii flights
- Cheap flights to Fort Lauderdale
- Riverton Regional to Dhahran
- Flights to Yakima from Pittsburgh
- Austin to Peru
- Flights Baltimore/Washington International from Phoenix
- Flights to Australia from Syracuse
- Flights to Florida
- Las Vegas flights
- Cheap flights to Hilton Head Island from Charles B. Wheeler Downtown